Sunday, March 31, 2024

It is a soft pants kind of day

There's a lot to say about the Guster concert at MGM.  I'll save my complaints for a letter to the venue. 

My girl C and my kid Jess came down and stayed at the hotel with us. We went to a meet & greet that I put together which I worried that there'd be ten people there but there were upwards to over 30. Lots of great folk, and new people. 

C sent me pictures that I need to download and go through, but we had some fun shots of Boston and walking around before going to the venue. 

This was the third time I got to see the "We Also Have Eras" tour, and by far it was the best. They did an amazing song that the drummer Brian sings, about how Guster has never won a Grammy. And it is cute and funny, but this time, they raised him up into the sky and the audience went bananas. 

Someone designed this and I have a feeling stickers will be on sale soon. 


After the show we connected with Sara, Sean and Henry. It was time to go stuff eggs for the next morning's egg hunt. I found out there was an after show party, sadly, no one invited me! But that is actually okay because I had egg hunt things to do! Someone else had a pizza party in the lobby of our hotel and didn't check in to see if we wanted in... that would have been good because hey - I could use a slice! But there were eggs to stuff. 

I posted on Facebook that we were in our room and a random guy messaged me and said "what room are you in?" So we told him, and he and his husband came and helped us stuff eggs. 


These two darlings stuffed a bajillion eggs, and we had wine and laughs. They went to get Ramen or something, and Lin and I crashed out. 

The title of this entry comes from a discussion Linda had with one of our friends this morning on the phone. We were talking about getting ready for the egg hunt and I said "I'm wearing yoga pants all day. Mel said something about also not wearing pants pants. And linda said "It's a soft pants kind of day." 

Which is perfect for the kind of day it was.

We got dressed and met the crew in the lobby to hide eggs. About 15 kids came, and we had enough eggs for them to all get like 20 each at least. 

It was mayhem and joy and we had a blast. What a great stupid fun idea this was. 


We went out to lunch after, and had a blast. And it was time for folks to head in all different directions. Lin and I gave someone a ride to Attleboro so they didn't have to be subject to the train schedule. And we got to mom's at about 5:15. We had a takeout turkey dinner from mom's fave restaurant, and then we headed over to the hotel to crash out.

More later - I got my food schedule all messed up and I forgot to take my lunchtime meds or blood sugar. Doh. I'll be back in an orderly way tomorrow. I was going to take the entire day off, but my good good coworker is having unexpected surgery tomorrow so I'll step up and be helpful. Here's evidence of mom. Digits below.

exercise: 12/12 hours of 250 steps. No specific exercise but tons of movement. 8300+steps by bedtime

blood glucose:

8am: 189
xpm: n/a in the car
10pm: 191

food:

coffee/water 
8am: several slices of cheddar cheese
Mimosas during egg hunt insanity
2pm: Tasty Burger patty melt; tater tots (note: forgot to take metformin)
6pm: turkey dinner w/stuffing, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, corn; white wine
7:30pm: Metformin
10pm: Metformin+jardiance (even though too close to the one I took at 7:30. Want to stay consistent and not miss meds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment