Wednesday, March 06, 2024

An hour missed

It had been going so well. 

I schedule my meetings at 5 min past the top of the hour so I get some steps done time. Today at 1pm, I attended a meeting I knew would be over at 1:30 so I wasn't worried it started at 1. Then someone urgently needed me for a zoom at 1:30. At about 2:20 I realized I had only gotten a few steps for the hour, and I missed the 1pm time slot. Oops. 

Damn. 

I took the dog for a pokemon walk today and my fitbit didn't measure the steps and the time, because the left hand is the leash hand, and that hand is flush to the body. So ha. I got ripped off for those steps and that exercise. But I did do it. Just. I'd rather Doug walk her so I can swing my arm right and count them steps! 

Doug had a meeting at 5pm, and around 4 she starts to get wild. Doug usually takes her for a stroll at 4:30-4:45 and she knows how to tell time. I usually get dinner started. Sometimes I go with, but not usually. 

I played rope with her and let her out to run around. It was too early to feed her (usually between 4:45 and 5 after getting home from the walk...) so she needed her walk. She's used to doing this but I did not take her for the long walk she is used to and wants.

It tempered her down, I got dinner in the oven while Doug was in his meeting. Geoff came home and dinner came out about 6:30pm. Ate too many carbs and I'm sure there was sugar in the BBQ sauce on the ribs but. Overall a good carb day.

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow at 3pm. Foot check for diabetes, and a basic review of everything. I had hoped to beat these last 7 pounds before now but, here we are. And because it is a 3pm appointment, I'll head to the gym for a bit after. Since I didn't get a measurable exercise today I'll get it tomorrow. 

I'm going to ask about different meds, if she thinks what I'm on just isn't cutting it. When I had my last bloodwork done my A1c was still 8.2, I'm exercising more than before and yes I could be doing better. My blood sugar reading at the appointment was 140 and I thought that was pretty good, pretty good. But she said over 130 is "uncontrolled diabetes." So tell me what to do. Am I going all salad all the time and nothing else? Heck, I feel like if it is under 180 I'm scoring. But I guess I'm not. 

So. I'm sure I'll have an update tomorrow with things. Wish me luck. Say little prayers, etc etc. 

here's some Toffee. The only sweetness I'll overindulge in. 

 digits 

exercise: 11/12 hours of 250 steps. Missed 1pm due to a meeting. Took a brisk 8 minute walk with the dog, 5300+ steps by bedtime (low even with a walk. booo).

blood glucose:

9am: 154
4:45pm: 144
10pm: 154

food:

coffee/water 
11:45am: BLT Salad
12:30: Metformin
2:30: pbj sandwich on 647 bread w/small amount of bonnie maman's cherry. (couldn't find the open jar of low sugar smuckers.) 
6pm: metformin+jardiance
7pm: Lloyd's BBQ Ribs, mac&cheese scoop
white wine

No comments:

Post a Comment