Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Doug to Office Me to Office

This morning I woke up early enough to get a jump start on the day. Doug was going into the office for meetings and I thought, "Well, I should go into the office. I think. I'm supposed to? Go into? The Office?" 

Weeks and weeks ago, I saw that there was a Tiny Desk that I wanted to go to. I even invited my friend Jeff who lives in Baltimore to come down. 

And I forgot all about that. Completely.

Actually, I knew about it I just forgot it was today. Not sure how I could forget it was today but I didn't realize today was Tuesday. I forgot today was today. 

Huh, like that. I do things like that.

Yikes. I messaged Jeff to see if he was still coming down and he said yes. 

Ope. I can't be a jerk and cancel now, can I? No. He's coming all the fuck the way from Baltimore I can come from 10 miles away.

I jumped in the shower, dressed and got ready for a meeting at 10:30, and was hoping it would not go long. My coworker messaged me and said "you know the TDC is noon, not 1pm, right?" Texted Jeff the time change and he said he'd be able to make it.

Another Ope. 

Meeting ended before 11, thankfully.  I called an Uber. I knew I wouldn't have enough time to walk to the metro, ride it, walk to my office to get there by noon. Nope. NOPE.

Jeff texted me that he was at the office at 11:30, cool, I was literally around the corner in the worst DC traffic ever. But I'll get there. And I did. My Uber driver was awesome. She actually lives in the neighborhood here, and was awesome. I kind of want to be friends.

Jeff and I went in, the line was hugely long which disappointed me because we should have been arriving for a 1pm show and first in line. But whatever. We were there. We were there. We stood on a riser in the back. It was very good. Very very good. I really like Sleater-Kinney. I can't wait to see this one when it is released. 


They were just unbelievably good. The strings. Oh man, the strings. Corin said they basically just wrote the string parts that week, that day, this was the first time anyone was hearing them. And they were so good.

Afterwards, Jeff and I  had some lunch in the cafe, I saw a lot of coworkers and friends. Even saw a friend who left our office in 2020 who came in with her husband for the TDC. I was absolutely delighted to see her. I love her. Look how cute she is. 

I miss the people I work with and used to work with. Sometimes, people are just super amazing.

Jeff is pretty amazing too. He was a little mean to me when we were kids back in middle school but we've gotten to know each other wonderfully and happily since becoming adults. And I got over all the middle school weirdness. He goes to a LOT of rockshows in the area between DC and Pennsylvania. I'm super impressed. He said his mission this year is to be the "Plus One" for people who have tickets or access to things. He'll be at the Guster show in Baltimore in 2 weeks. And I don't even need to treat him as a plus one. 

After Jeff left, I ended up working until about 3, and then packing up to head home. I knew Toffee was in the kennel, and wanted to break her out. 

I took the metro home and walked from the station. Felt nice to be out and about in the city and do the commute thing. Sort of. It isn't quite a mile walk home from the metro station, but if you count the inside of the station it probably is a full mile. 

Yeah. I'm happy I've been going to the gym and walking and doing all the things. 

I was still sore and tired when I got back though. I took a 4pm meeting after letting the dog out of her kennel (such a good sport for being in for 4 hours) Doug came home at about 5, and promptly took a nap. I ordered Indian food, and we had a heck of a delicious feast. 

Also realized Geoff bought full sugar tonic water so. Boo. My vodka tonics should be diet tonic, but .... 35 grams of carbs per serving and 3 servings in a litre and I've had 2 litres so. Damn. 

Oh well. Next store run, we know better. 

Considering that if I had not remembered today was a reason to go into the office, well, I would have been vacuuming. 

I'll save that for Friday when Doug has to go to the office again. 

Digits below this wonderful shot of the beautiful and amazing Carrie Brownstein. Goddamn she's good. 

digits 

exercise: 12/12 hours of 250 steps.  22 min walk from the metro home (approx .8 miles) 8500+ steps by bedtime

blood glucose:

8am: 176
5pm: 174
10pm: 288 (forgot to take my meds at dinner) 

food:

coffee/water 
11am: Metformin
1:15pm: chicken in a nice sauce over smashed potatoes, corn
5pm: some pretzels+ spready cheese
7pm: chicken curry, lamb vindaloo, 4 samosas, biryani rice, chicken tandoori
vodka tonic
9:45pm: metformin+jardiance (forgot to take at dinner) 

No comments:

Post a Comment