Thursday, March 28, 2024

No Sleep 'Til Brooklyn

I'm glad I didn't take today off but am working until it is time to leave. I have one colleague on Vacation, another got super sick around 11am and had to sign off. That leaves me, a first tier support human, and our manager. 

And, today is QA deadline day. 

Thus far today has been bananas busy. The other day, I started looking for a place for Guster fans to meet & greet around Fenway before the show. Someone local to the ballpark suggested a spot. I emailed 5 places and this place was the only one that got back to me. Score. 

The egg hunt planning goes well. We just need on Saturday or tomorrow to go get mimosa makings. Found out the dunkin donuts we were going to get cups of joe from is closed (you bastards) so I'm going to see if someone coming on Sunday can make a side quest. 

Work also was busy. It got in the way of me calmly and sweetly communicating on the Guster fun front. Like, I had to actually WORK WORK. 

I had a 10am with a new person on our team who is lovely. I met with clients in Pittsburgh and loved on their accents, they are mad but cooperative and came up with good plans and suggestions. 

And then QA. It shouldn't take a soul two hours to test 4 things but it did me. I missed my colleague. He actually got admitted to the hospital. And I'm heartbroken he is sick. This is unexpected.

Oh, and I whipped up a banana bread in the middle of all this. And it was delicious. Thankfully, it's tremendously easy to whip something up and throw it in the oven for 55 minutes. And it came out so hella good. 

I realized at about 1pm that I had not eaten any real food.  We are out of peanut butter, and I didn't want cheese because it sometimes makes me poop a lot. I opted for one big piece of banana bread. sorry, universe. But it is the only thing I think I could stomach. 

When I get ready to travel, I get anxious. I shouldn't. I've done this one million times. I took a break at about 2pm to finish packing. I did that thing where I pack every single pair of underpants that I own, and forgot socks, so I ... got socks. I've got three blouses and a dozen t-shirts. One pair of sweatpants for bedtime, a pair of yoga pants. I can't find deodorant. I think we are out but that's ok. we'll get some in NY. I washed my pits well this morning. 

We got in the car at 5 and I was at the airport before 6. And found my flight delayed. Jebus. So I went to the wonderful Flying Dog Taphouse and got settled in anticipating to do work but nothing new was incoming, and I didn't feel like doing the two things I needed to do. 

Beer. Steak tips. Broccoli. Hell yes. 

Flight delayed. Flight delayyyyyyyed. More beer. I should eat more protein. More beer.  Honesty two sides, one of broccoli and one of steak tips. Hopefully this offsets that banana bread. 



That was better than I expected even for such a small chunk of food. 

And I was ready to go. The flight was uneventful but bumpy. They didn't let us out of our seats, no beverage service. Probably a good thing. Linz got me at 10:30 and I got checked into my hotel safe and sound. 

Tomorrow. Brooklyn. Cannot wait. Digits, below.


exercise: 11/12 hours of 250 steps. Missed 10am due to a meeting. 10k+ by bedtime

blood glucose:

9:30am: 164
4pm: 311 (I told you, so sorry for the banana bread...) 
11pm: 271

food:

coffee/water 
1:30pm: Metformin; big slice of banana bread (sorry bloodsugar, you gonna hate me)
6pm: steak tips & broccoli. 3 Beers (at the flying dog taphouse at BWI) 
7pm: Metformin+jardiance
11pm: hotel chicken parm (didn't eat the spaghetti, just the big piece of chicken parm)

No comments:

Post a Comment