Saturday, March 09, 2024

A Nothing Day to Lose an Hour of

 First thing this morning, someone was at our neighbor's house to pick her up. And they laid on the horn. Again and again. 

In this, the year of our lord 2024.

Get out of the car and knock on the door. Might you have a phone? call her maybe? 

Eventually she came out, she never ever does not come out when someone comes to give her a ride somewhere. But I was ready to go out, and throw recycling at the guy's car. 

Today was a washout. It poured all day. We had talked about going to a brewery for an event today but Doug was full of "meh" about it. I did my steps each hour instead of taking a nap but he and Toffee crashed out hard on the couch. 

I would have gone to the gym but I'd have to open the door and disturb them (more ... disturb her). 

Doug went to the market at 4 because he had a hankering for a meal. I thought I'd head to the gym after he got back and while he cooked dinner because it wouldn't be ready for a while. He was making a soup from scratch and it would need to simmer for about a half hour to cook down the carrots. 

I went to put my sneakers on, and the sky opened up and we got a heck of a thunderstorm. It was wild. So we didn't leave the house. Toffee wouldn't even go out to pee before or after dinner. She does not like going out in the rain. I think she went out twice today. Unlike Phineas who went out every hour or so. He hated going out in the rain but he'd come right back in. She turns around and "nopes" her way back into the house. 

I thought about doing steps in the house but. I had a little of the "meh" that Doug had. So we take the loss for the day. 

Happy to head to bed even though we did absolutely nothing today. Oh, and don't forget to turn your clocks ahead that don't turn themselves forward. And don't forget to explain it all to your dog. They'll be confused. 

Here's Toffee, with her ball from maniac playtime. I kind of love how big her lip is over the ball. Hilarious.

digits 

exercise: 12/12 hours of 250 steps.  No dedicated 10 or exercise; 4800+ by bedtime

blood glucose:

8:30am: 153
4:15pm: 164
10pm: 210 (sorry, blood sugar)

food:

coffee/water 
11:30am: english muffin w/pb & low sugar strawberry preserves
12: metformin
3pm: several slices of turkey
6pm: 2 bowls of cream of chicken soup, homemade by doug, from scratch. 2 slices of lovely big bread
6:30pm: metformin

No comments:

Post a Comment