Friday, March 22, 2024

Chirp Chirp Chirp

The birdies. Oh the birdies. 

They are just being spectacularly happy in the morning right about now. The other day, sun was kind of sort of thinking about getting ready to shine, I woke up and went to the bathroom. I could hear all this scraping and noise, unsure of where it was coming from. It sounded like it was in the wall or under the tub. Unable to solve the mystery, I went back to bed, and could hear it coming from above my head. 

A few hours later, in the shower, I looked at the bathroom window. Our bathroom window could stand to be replaced, that's for sure. It's a 1950s style crank open thing with frosted glass. The crank doesn't work, it's been painted over a million times, so it is never opened. 

On the north side of the house, we've got a lot of ivy growing. I love it, it is beautiful. I have been told by many people to rip it out, get it off the house, it damages the mortar between the bricks. But it is pretty. Doug cuts it when it gets up to the gutters, so it won't overgrow and clog them. 

Standing there, I could see the source of the scraping and banging. There were little birds all in the ivy that goes across the glass (it doesn't cover it, just a few tendrils go). The birdies are all in the ivy, having fun. And pecking on the glass seems to be a rather good time. So that's what I was hearing. 

I stood there thinking of the old hymn about "He keeps his eye on the sparrow," and here is the sparrow attempting to keep an eye on me. 

I worked all day today and so did Lin. She didn't intend to but we both had a lot to do. Doug took the afternoon off and I think he thought we'd fold up and go have fun but, that was not my plan. Had we talked about it earlier this week I bet I could have done something to get the time. 

Remarkably productive though, so I'm glad I worked.

We went out to a restaurant north of us and one of the chefs used to be the chef at my office so it was fun to see him and catch up. He had quit because the hours he was putting in at our cafeteria were killing him. Now he gets to work at night instead of show up for work at 3am. Can't say as I blame him, but it was so nice to see him. 

Anyway. Off to bed. And tomorrow off to Baltimore. 






digits 

exercise: 12/12 hours of 250 steps. No exercise (this week has been lame). 4600+steps by bedtime

blood glucose:

8am: 163
5pm: 154
10pm: 238

food:

coffee/water 
11:30am: metformin
11:45am: pbj (low sugar strawbs); 647 wheat bread
6:30pm: warm goat cheese salad (spinach, goat cheese, beets, walnuts, cukes, tomato); Shepherd's pie (mashed potatoes, ground beef, veggies); 1 cider, 1 beer

No comments:

Post a Comment