Saturday, March 02, 2024

The 5am random thoughts

This morning, I had an earworm. At 5am. 

Donovan's Barabajagal was running through my mind. I was thinking to myself while listening to Donovan playing inside my brain that Donovan and Beck are a lot alike. They do weird things with words and lyrics, and overall I feel like it's a good combo if I were to make a playlist. 

And then I thought well, Beck is our generation's Donovan. 

Then I said no, Donovan is his generation AND our generation's Donovan, and Beck is everyone's Beck. And I liked thinking about both of them. Both of them deserve our love and praise. Maybe Donovan knew that some old lady was thinking about him at 5am her time. 

I then fell back to sleep, with Barabajagal fading into the backdrop.

Geoff usually walks to work but this morning it was pouring and he texted me at 7am to ask if I'd give him a ride. Sure thing. 

He came to my room with a cup of coffee a few minutes later and said "I'm ready to go," but.... guy. You start work at 9 why on earth do we want to do a 5 minute drive at 7. 

"I'm allowed to come in early and leave early, according to one of my co-workers."

"According to your boss though? You should ask that first before you start doing something like showing up 2 hours early and leaving 2 hours early." Make sure this is true. Because what if stuff needs done after 3pm and you weekend kids are all gone!

He agreed. I thought about telling him to come back and get me at 8:30 but. He brought me coffee and stuff. So. I got up. 

We did go early, I had him there at 8:15. He said there is a courier that comes around 8:30 and waits until they have everything to go for them, so, he was ready to get a jump start on that, and I have to admire the enthusiasm to get in there and get the overnight stuff taken care of. 

Not a cheese sandwich. Thankfully. I know he isn't a cheese sandwich. And a morning like this reminds me of his super goodness.

What to do at 8:15 on a rainy Saturday morning? 

Go to the gym? Sure.

Not a bad plan, actually. I thought it would be packed but no. Easy to get on a treadmill, and the circuit training room had one lady in it when I started. 

By 10am I had as many steps in as I did yesterday by bedtime. I should do this more often, to be honest. 


Here is a picture from this morning's workout. It was funny because someone was playing all kinds of 90s music, and I added in Beastie Boys, Beck, REM, and we had us a dance party I tell you what. Sadly the app they use at PF doesn't have hardly anything I want to listen to, but this was good. 

We went hard in the paint this morning, kids.







digits 

exercise: x/12 hours of 250 steps.  1 mile on the treadmill, 25 min. 1 mile on the exercise bike (I got bored), approx 10 min?, full circuit room using the step dealies in between machines. 

blood glucose:

7:30am: 174
4:15pm: 127
xpm: x

food:
coffee/water
10:45am: 2 egg omelet w/wilted spinach, red onion, goat cheese
11am: Metformin
1:30pm: ramekin of tuna salad w/dill, celery, dash of lemon, mayo
4:15: celery & peanut butter; a couple whole wheat crackers & peanut butter
6pm: metformin+jardiance








No comments:

Post a Comment