Friday, March 15, 2024

See the Funny

I had a CT Scan today for a future procedure to remove my IVC filter that I've had since 2014. It went really well, and when they pulled me out I asked for the tech to hand me my phone so I could take pictures of the signs in the machine. 

"Why?" he asked.

"Because they made me laugh. First, don't tell me to not look at the laser. If you tell me not to look at the laser, you know the only thing I'm ever going to want to do for the rest of my life is look. at. the. laser.

Second, the icons mean "Breathe" and "Hold your breath." But I saw "Eat the bacon" and "Chew the bacon."

I explained this to him while chuckling and he said "oh I guess I see that. I wish I had a sense of humor. I mean, I know how to tell a joke, but, sometimes it takes me a long time to just see the funny around me."

I hope he takes the time to think about the stupid funny things all around us all the time. 

Enjoy "Eat the bacon" and "Chew the bacon." Maybe you'll laugh too. 


digits 

exercise: 12/12 hours of 250 steps. no exercise; 4900+ steps by bedtime

blood glucose:

9am: 174
4:30pm: 156
10:30pm: 174

food:

coffee/water 
11am: metformin; 1 oatmeal blueberry muffin (came right out the paper, unlike the ones from yesterday. hell yeah)
1pm: grilled pepperjack cheese & ham sandwich
6:30pm: teriyaki chicken, nepalese dumplings (from Aldi); 4 beers
7:30pm: metformin+jardiance
8:30pm: pretzels and spready cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment