Monday, March 18, 2024

Storyworth

 Last night, I drank too much. 

We were out of wine, we were out of beer, and I wanted a drink so I made gin & tonic. I had three, glasses filled to the top with ice, so that always makes it so I won't get drunk so to speak. That's usually well enough.

It was the fourth one, the fourth one was the big mistake. While I was making it I said, it's late enough, you should just not do this. You should just go to bed. But, I didn't listen to common sense. 

And, we were out of ice. So. Extra stupid because I pour a stiff drink. 

I paid for it. I went to bed, and was spinning and dizzy. I ended up puking. I had the enough of a right mind to get the bucket, and sit on the toilet (because, you know, sometimes when you throw up, you poop at the same time and that's no good). I threw up repeatedly, cleaned the bucket, cleaned the toilet area. 

Even completely drunk, I'm cleaning house. 

I got back in bed and brought the bucket to the bedside, just in case. 

Doug was still awake and said "all emptied out?" 

Yeah. Yes. I am. Thank you for dinner that you made for us. It. Is gone. Said goodbye. Sorry. That must be insulting. Hi I threw up the dinner you made because I'm dumb. 

I fell asleep and slept all the way until 4am, no other issues. I got up to go to the bathroom, and double checked my cleaning. 

I would have called out today, but one of my colleagues is on vacation and another got Covid (again, the poor dude). I muddled through. 

One big thing we had to take care of was getting the car towed to the mechanic. The mini stopped working a couple weeks ago, and we were having work done on the Dodge at the same time, so the Mini has been sitting there waiting for some love. I called the garage this morning and they said to bring it in, so I had to call AAA to get it picked up. 

It was a challenge - the Mini is missing the tow hook, which goes where the license plate goes and the driver pulls the car up on the flatbed. The driver said on some Mini models, there's a box in the trunk that contains all the stuff you need, like the jack, the tow hook, or a tow-bar that is super awesome. Because he had no way to hook it onto the draggy thing to pull it up on the flatbed, he had to improvise and eventually got it to work. I reported this lack of thingie to Doug who is ordering one for us for the future. 

The rest of the day was rather dull. I didn't get any cleaning done (felt kind of like shit, see above) but got a lot of work done for work. Seeing as two people were out, I was impressed with the amount of stuff I got done. 

Doug took Toffee for a walk at 4:45 and I was still in the thick of it. I regret not going. I was going to step out while he was cooking after he got back, but I just wasn't motivated. Will make up for that tomorrow. 

Anyway, my girl C got me a subscription to Storyworth, which comes with writing prompts. It is a way to record life memories so you can leave them to your people. I appreciate that very much because a lot of times, I don't know what to write here and I do want to write. So I'll write there and import entries of note. 

One of the things is that a lot of the stories will need pictures, and I may have to find some! "Tell us about your wedding day" was the first one that came up. That stung a little because my girl C is going through some rough stuff and I somehow feel horrible writing about what was the funnest day I've ever lived in a life of fun days. 

Maybe the first writing prompt should have been "get it off your chest, what's the worst, dumbest thing you have done because of alcohol." 

Last night wouldn't even be it. Thankfully I can count on one hand my super dumb things, and I'm usually surrounded by people who protect me from myself. This is a good thing. 

Here is another picture from yesterday. The sheep is not headless. It's just in shadow.
Digits below.


digits 

exercise: 12/12 hours of 250 steps. No exercise. 4600+ steps by bedtime

blood glucose:

9am: 166
5pm: 157
9:30pm: 230 (see dinner should check after midnight)

food:

coffee/water 
12:30: english muffin w/pb and low sugar strawbs; metformin
3:45pm: 2 pieces of celery w/pb
6pm: doug stir fry rice: left over chinese white rice, stir fried with veggies, soy sauce, left over chicken breasts. I added peanut butter to mine to mimic a peanut sauce.
7pm: metformin+jardiance. 3 beers





No comments:

Post a Comment