Friday, March 08, 2024

Buttoning up

I spent a little time today nailing down some of my travel for the end of the month. I had to get the permissions from work to have time off, and when I asked a few months ago, I was driving up. So full days off changed to 2 hours off as I picked late in the day flights. I had to run it all by Jonathan and get things on the calendar.

I now just need to get a hotel for Baltimore and for Brooklyn, and our entire Guster tour tour will be all set. 

This afternoon I had a mammogram, the last round of things found the blocked ducts and resulted in me having a procedure to ... unblock them by removing a scoop out. I've got the scar to prove it. I got there early, was ushered in early, and finished at the time I should have been getting started. 

So I went to the gym for a bit because I actually had blocked off 2 hours for this visit. Did about 15 minutes on the treadmill, with half the circuit room. I remembered my headphones, of which only one ear bud works but it's better than nothing. I put on a 45 minute podcast episode and got through almost all of it by the time I started hearing a lot of dings from my phone for work alerts. Shoot. I looked to find that there was stuff going down, so I left and headed home before finishing the circuit room. 

My team is really great - I can be away from my seat and they run with things. For years and years I was the team so I'd never be able to take an actual doctor's appointment much less tack on a little trip to the market or the gym for that matter. Seeing "J and I are sending out the comms now on this" made me extremely happy, I didn't have to worry about rushing back. They handled it perfectly. I did help test a few things to confirm that X was broken but not impacting this over here. 

I'll check the situation in the morning, but I'm not even on call so in theory I don't have to think about it or wonder how things are going. Maybe I can become that person who doesn't think about work during non-work time. Mayhaps?

Doug took Toffee for a walk while I was on the phone with C, I think he wanted me to come with but I waved him off. And I got the grill going and made dinner. They got home just as I was going out to bring it all in. The grill has only been used once a month, or less, this winter. It needs a good cleaning so I'm hoping to get Doug to do that sooner than later. It was kinda gross but not too gross for me to grill, and I wanted dinner grilled tonight. 

Got the mammo results via email (fast!) and everything looks fine and dandy. Come back next year, blah blah blah. 

Here's a toffee pic for you. I had Cheezits, and she was very very interested. I don't know if you can tell. She's actually looking right at my face, but I positioned the camera to her left to get the shot. She doesn't enjoy having her photo taken. She'll turn her head or walk away. 

But Cheezits held her attention, I tell ya. Digits below.

digits 

exercise: 12/12 hours of 250 steps. treadmill 15 minutes, approx 1/2 mile. 1/2 circuit room. Had to bail to head home. 7500+ steps by bedtime

blood glucose:

8:30am: 154
150pm: 170
10pm: 151

food:

coffee/water 
10:30am: bowl of mac & cheese; metformin
1pm: pbj on 647 bread w/ low sugar strawberry preserves
6:30pm: grilled chicken thighs, peppers & onions, 2 low carb wraps, cheddar cheese
7pm: metformin+jardiance
9pm: ramekin of cheez-its

No comments:

Post a Comment