Saturday, March 30, 2024

Brooklyn Guster "I want to know what love is"

I got a huge cramp in my right foot and leg at about 6am. Dehydration. It happens when i travel because I under hydrate so I don't have to pee as much. And this is the price paid. My foot looked mangled. It was kind of wild. I'm soaking it in the tub in the hottest water I can stand and massaging it. Eventually it calmed the hell down and I was able to go back to sleep. 

Linda has to take the dog to the vet this morning, and then go back and work for a while. I decided I'll work this morning. I asked what time check out is, and the girl told me noon. "Do you need a later check out?" 

"Sure? Maybe that's a good idea."

"How's 2pm."

Wow. 

"Would you prefer 3pm?" 

Uh no - 2 is more than fine. That's amazing. Not that I'll be staying here that long. I'm sure Linda will be getting me sometime after noon. We gots to gets to Brooklyn! 

I slept in a little after the foot cramp fiasco, and listened to doors slamming up and down the hall. Listened to kids excited to check out the pool and moms (loudly) telling them to stop running in the hall. Listened to men talking on the phone about how they're going to the airport. And then listened to the housekeeping staff cleaning the room across the hall from me. Vacuuming. Okay. I guess I am up. 

Went down to the lobby starbux, they don't have the egg bites there anymore but the kid behind the counter whipped me up two egg whites with melted asiago cheese and bacon. Close enough for jazz. 

Another thing that happens when I travel is I can't always control what I'm eating because of what's available. So this was nice to get, to combat the higher blood sugar I'm seeing (yeah, beer and yeah, banana bread...) Getting a good start to the day is important.

At work this morning, they do something called Sprint Review where all the dev teams talk about the last 3 weeks (the sprint) and the next 3 weeks (the next sprint). Our team usually attends because we are "stakeholders" in these activities. I put the Zoom on and did helpdesk tickets, listening far more closely to the happenings for the teams I am associated with. I went for coffee twice. I took a shower when it was all said and done, and I've done my steps up and down the hallway (one full walk down the hall is more than needed). 

We got to our hotel, and I will write more later. It's well after midnight now. But the show was outstanding, even better than Baltimore. So much fun.

I need to go to bed Hahhahahahha ugh 




exercise: 11/12 hours of 250 steps.  over 10ksteps by bedtime.

blood glucose:

9am: 194
4:45pm: 184
Midnight+: 154

food:

coffee/water 
9am: 2 egg whites w/asiago cheese and bacon
12:30pm: metformin
2pm: egg bites from Starbucks w/ gruyere and bacon (ha, finally got them!)
5pm: wine
5pm: buffalo wings. more wine
7pm: metformin+jardiance








No comments:

Post a Comment