Tuesday, March 05, 2024

Spring Flowers

A couple days ago, I was out on a walk and a mom was coming home with her three kids. The two bigger ones were on their way to the front door, but the mom was holding a toddler on her hip, and was bent over, pulling up flowers from the front yard. 

The daughter asked, "What are you doing?" 

Mom replied "I'm pulling up these weeds, they are all over the place and I want to get rid of them."

But, oh no mom. Those are not weeds. Those are crocuses. Those are the first signs of spring. You have got to be kidding me that you think these are weeds. 

The little girl lost her mind. 

She threw her backpack down and demanded that her mother stop. 

"STOP! DON'T! I LOVE THEM! I LOVE THEM! LEAVE THEM!" And the mom just pulled them up and gestured all over the yard and yelled at her that they had to go, they were ruining the yard

This broke my heart. I kept going but part of me wanted to turn around and help the poor little soul. 

I'm on Team Little Girl. They are beautiful. Not weeds. They may be everywhere but they are gone so soon. You can dig them up, and relocate them to the side of the walkway or the driveway's side yard. You could do so much. You could do it with your child and have something together. 

I went by tonight and all the flowers are gone. All of them. It made me very sad, so I came home from my walk and took this picture of the corner of my yard where the small wild things are happening.

You are safe with me, small wild things. Thank you for your short lived visit, and I celebrate you in your loveliness.

Digits below.


 digits 

exercise: 12/12 hours of 250 steps. 20 minute walk, about .80 miles. 6100+steps by bedtime

blood glucose:

9am: 154
5pm: 135
10pm: 142

food:

coffee/water 
11am: 2 egg omelet, spinach, goat cheese, red onion
noon: Metformin
1:30pm: ramekin of cashews
6pm: chicken parm
white wine

No comments:

Post a Comment