Thursday, March 14, 2024

Baking and Junk

I boxed up the wee tiny angel collection that we place under the Christmas Tree. The Tree got put in storage weeks ago. The angels? Well they were just cute sitting there. Today I opened the windows and watered the plants, and they were sitting there looking sad, ready to go rest. 

These are little Hummel angels, Doug's mom collected them the years that they were made. They are date stamped and I believe year one was 1971. They go up through the 80s. She marked the boxes with "Doug" in her immaculate beautiful script. 

All of the little angels got put up into a box and I got the plants watered. And felt happy about that. 

See you next year, sweeties. 

My 2pm meeting was canceled because the client totally figured out the thing he was doing wrong. That was very nice. 

So I took that hour and baked some blueberry oatmeal muffins. I used paper liners and the muffins stuck to them, and they were ruined. I was super pissed off about it. But. If you use a spoon and dig the fuck out of the paper, they taste pretty good. 

Doug asked me why I did it with the paper and not ust a straight up in the pan bake. I told him that I was worried about the freaking muffins sticking to the muffin tin, but look what we ended up with. Booooo. 

Tasty, but ... booooooo.

We had a 3pm meeting with all the clients that we call office hours. It went exceptionally well and it is literally my favorite meeting that we have. Highlight of the week to be sure.

Then, we had a meeting to talk about the thing that broke on Sunday. It was not as fun. I felt horrible after it was done and just shut the computer down for the day and went to the grocery store. 

Yeah ... ya gurl left the house and went to the grocery store. 

We have lots of grocery options around here and I went to the expensive specialty store because 

a) they have wine
b) they have beer

And I hate going to Target, Aldi, Giant and then having to go to the beer store. 

And your girl wanted some wine.

Doug is deep in a project that he has to have all of his data buttoned up tonight for. He had a 7am meeting, and then went back to bed for about an hour, and has been at it since. I have been poking at work and goofing off at the same time. My sister flies to FLA tomorrow, and she and Ginger are going to Orlando to see Guster on Sunday. 

Your girl, is sorely tempted, to just fucking GO. 

Anyway. Today was a challenge. But I made muffins that sucked and a good dinner and my day ended with a lot of wine. That is acceptable. 

Digits below. 








digits 

exercise: 12/12 hours of 250 steps.  no dedicated 10. 5300+ steps by bedtime

blood glucose:

8:30am: 183
4pm: 174
10pm: 177

food:

coffee/water 
11am: Metformin
noon: 2 eggs scrambled in a failure of an omelet because I made too much stuff to go in it. Mushrooms, Spinach, Red Onion, Taco meat, goat cheese. It was a hot mess and I topped it with Salsa and it was perfect. 
7pm: bowl of penne pasta with homemade meatballs and sauce. Several slices of garlic toast. White Wine. Metformin+Jardiance

No comments:

Post a Comment