Friday, August 23, 2024

Erebus

Another super busy day, we had almost a work emergency at 4pm (on a Friday) but it may be a nothing burger? Glad I am not on call tonight, just in case. But my buddy knows he can tap me in if there's an emergency with phone calls. 

The weather has been sterling lately but getting warmer again. False Fall as my boss called it yesterday. 

I went to work outside and my laptop overheated, so it may be a little too warm yet. I brought it back in, charged it, let it rest, watered the plants, had a leisurely time before a string of meetings with a cooled off machine. 

Doug made dinner, we need a trip to the market but we also need the fridge cleaned out, so, I should do that if he goes to the market. I like that arrangement. Luckily we have freezer items just in case we have a day like this. Doug is very good at creatively designing food when it feels like we have a lot that does not go together.

I kind of hoped he'd want to walk Toffee today, I was going to actually go with him. But he opted not. 

He started watching a Netflix series called The Terror, which is a horror/suspense thing about the ships The Erebus and The Terror. I only peripherally paid attention. I guess there is a monster out there on the ice and a bunch of not-truthness to the series. All I could think of is isn't it scary enough to be out there for a winter freezing to death for Queen and Country? Yikes. We don't have to add a monster to the story. 

It reminds me that I have Sir Michael Palin's book Erebus on the nightstand, and I got distracted by other books. I should return to this tale. His telling of this tale. Probably monster free.

No picture today. Too busy. Digits are below. 




digits

exercise: 12/12 hours. No dedicated 10, 4500+ steps by bedtime

blood glucose:

8:30am: 145
5pm: 139 
10pm: 154

food:
coffee/water
noon: metformin; english muffin w/low sugar pb and low sugar preserves
5pm: 2 entenmann's chocolate donuts
6pm: 3 cluck pucks parmesan, bowtie pasta
6:30pm: metformin+jardiance
vodka+seltzer

No comments:

Post a Comment