Saturday, August 24, 2024

Wet Feets and Saturday Vibes

Today felt like a big do nothing day. Do something but not something exciting. It had big vibes this morning. I personally was hoping Doug would go to the market, I even told him I'd clean and rearrange the fridge to make things easier. 

Right when I was feeling the urge to schlep outside repot some plants, Doug suggested taking the dog over to the creek to splash and play. I asked if he was walking or driving, and he said we'd drive but walk extra around the area. I wasn't going to go but.

But.

It isn't that far, really. I capitulated, put on the sandals, out we went.

We had fun splashing in the creek. I waded in with Toffee to show her how much fun I also could have. It crossed my mind that it has been such a long time since I put my feet in water really. The Tevas come in handy for this, they're not fancy but still okay enough to wear to work. They dry fast, and they do not slip. So I had a great time wandering the creek with her. 

It turned out to be a nice walk, on a very nice trail. We met lots of dogs and people, and I played a lot of Pokemon. Doug has kind of given up on playing it, which is disappointing. No fun raiding and trying to throw over a gym alone. 

In other news, Doug dropped his laptop on the floor. 

He spent an inordinate amount of time with him watching youtube videos on how to recover the device, with me saying "honey, you should just take it to best buy." But he thinks we can just fix it ourselves. 

And We involves Me getting out the Windows laptop I bought a few years ago, that I immediately hated and regretted buying, because the instructions are to "use another PC to generate a recovery drive to put on a USB drive to put into the broken ---"

"Can you just take it to Best Buy?" 

No. 

At some point Doug suggested we go out to dinner. He'd found a little Greek Cafe the next town over, and it was really tasty but I felt like I could have eaten a lot more food. They don't have a liquor license, but I wonder if it is a BYOB establishment where you can just sit, chill, open a twisty top bottle of red and just sit on the patio out front and watch the world go by. 

We got home and futzed with the computer some more. 

My old laptop had charged (it was at negative zero and basically was confused about what year this is, and what time zone, and who are you, you're not my mother!) But then, it needed Windows Updates. and then I tried to make the Recovery Drive, but we don't have a USB with enough space on it (minimum 16gb, my largest claims to be 16gb, but, somehow isn't...) So .... 

Someone has to go to BEST BUY and get one. 

Hopefully tomorrow I can convince him to just bring it in and have the Geek Squad figure it out. In the meantime, my PC laptop is up to date and ready to go maybe... I also think for a couple years I've been billed for Adobe Photoshop, and have never used it. So yeah. huh. Fun discovery. 

Pictures. 

Here's Toffee this morning doing a lay about and play with the octopus game. I always think it looks like Cthulhu when she plays with this thing. It cracks me up. But here's the vibe we were living in, super hard!  Below, a deeply cropped photo of Toffee at the creek, and I'm not sure why it is all weird. Not sure I know how my new phone works best but it shouldn't look that way I don't think. 

Digits below. 



digits

exercise: 12/12 hours.  Two walks, one inside for about 17 minutes, one outside for... 17 minutes. Score. 8k+ steps by bedtime

blood glucose:

9:30am: 154
4:30pm: 139 
10pm: 129

food:
coffee/water
12:30pm: 2 slices of multi-grain bread w/low sugar pb and low sugar preserves; metformin
5:30pm: Spanikopita, salad w/salmon, walnuts, strawberries, vinaigrette dressing
6pm: metformin+jardiance

No comments:

Post a Comment