Saturday, October 29, 2022

Bleachy Clean and Beery Goodness

Doug does not like somethings and I have learned to deal with his weirdnesses. 

He hates the vacuum, the noise and the smell. The dishwasher is too loud. When unloading the dishwasher, that's too noisy when you clang the pots, pans, and dishes. If I clean the kitchen before bed and my hands smell like cleaning stuff, which sometimes they do, he hates that.

"You didn't wash your hands?" he asks.

"Well yes. Yes, I did, but I used spray cleaner to wipe down the counters, got ready for bed, and washed my hands with scent free soaps, because you don't like smelly things, and my hands still smell like 409." 

I also do not like it when my hands are smelly when I go to bed but I get over it because ya know what, my kitchen is clean. Happy for that. 

Then he tosses and turns and makes noises expressing disgust.

Today I was sitting in the living room and Doug went into the bathroom. The toilet needed a scrubbing, I knew that, but I hadn't gotten to it. I was going to ask Geoff to bring up his bottle of toilet bowl cleaner so I could use it. He starts banging around and looking in cabinets and finds the jug of bleach. And he pours some into the john, scrubs it, and starts getting on about how much of a genius he is. "We buy toilet bowl cleaner with bleach in it when we can just use bleach! Why am I wasting my money on specific cleaner when I have bleach in the house!" 

He called himself a genius, yall. He wants to scream it far and wide. Stop buying that toilet bowl cleaner stuff and just use bleach! Hints from Heloise be damned! This is hint from Doug! 

I told him that I'm proud of him for figuring that out for us. Good job. But now my house smells like the YMCA because bleach and chlorine smell the same. It's okay really - I actually like the smell. To me, in my little birdbrain, the smell of bleach indicates something is clean. Really clean. Not just wiped down with a damp towel or some weak ass cleaner. I've always equated it with cleanliness. 

So my house smells like it is "clean." I like that. 

We went to a brewery today, at about 4pm Doug came out from studying and said we should go do something before it got dark. Geoff wanted to come with, so we had to go somewhere Phineas would be welcome too. 

So we drove up to Poolesville, leaf peeping and just enjoying the light and the leaves. So beautiful and pretty. It was delightful. We had been to this brewery once before, and loved it. They have a food truck and nice beers and always a good playlist with great music. And we had a bonfire. It was really nice. But it is way way out there in the woods, far from our house, so it is kind of the place you should go earlier in the day, or before it is pitch dark and super remote. 

Still. A great visit and a nice time out. Digits below.

digits 

exercise

blood glucose:
10am: 191
4pm: 126
10:15pm: 171

food:
coffee, water
12 noon: turkey & cheddar sandwich on 647 bread (2 slices of cheddar, a ton of turkey, mayo, salt & pepper); metformin
4pm: several handfuls of nuts, 2 good yogurt (cherry)
6 pm to 8pm: 3 beers
6:30pm: sausage over wilted greens with feta and diced red onions
7pm: metformin+jardiance
9pm: cheese, crackers, salami, grape tomatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment