Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Here I sit surrounded by no ponies

Back to work and reality. I really have to say, I love my job, I really do, but I'd rather not do anything at all. I would like to sit and write blog entries and look at my pictures taken with the Fancy Camera, and not answer helpdesk tickets. So I'm using my lunchtime for me right now. 

I enjoyed our time away this weekend. I have to admit that it was the first trip in a while where I felt physically capable of the walks we took, so yeah, that Dedicated 10 has paid off a bit. 

The one really long hike we took, which was a little over a mile and a half, was a 100% flat trail. I could have kept going for a lot longer on that. Put a hill in front of me and I am miserable. Keep it flat and interesting, well, I'm there.

I'd like a few more days of that. Like, we didn't get a good long walk in yesterday due to the need to be in the car for three+ hours, but I feel like we should be waking up somewhere and right now, on a hike/walk/doing things, and thinking about early dinner in a town somewhere in America. 

Before we started to drive home, I suggested that we say "fuck it" and stay somewhere an extra night, and get up stupid early and drive the rest of the way home. Like say, Annapolis or Kent Island. He said no. For someone so mad about his job and not wanting to do it, I thought I might be able to tempt him to call out today so we could just have this nice time continue. 

But, he has work (that he hates) and is looking for a new job. And I'm back at work. I had a tremendously busy day, and I can't believe how fast it flew. 

Would love another day away. With or without ponies.


digits

exercise

blood glucose:
9am: 166 (last night was 254, after dinner/before bed, so. I didn't record it in the blog, I went to bed instead)
4pm: 182
10pm: 190

food
coffee, water
nibbled on grapes all through the day because I put a bowl out for my family, and no one ate them.
11:30pm: Chicken Salad w/almonds and red grapes, 2 pieces of romaine lettuce, 1 low carb wrap
12noon:, maybe a lil'more chicken salad, just because
1:30pm: 2 good yogurt
3:30pm: i found an Entenmann's chocolate cupcake in the cabinet. So i ate it.
4pm: 6 triscuits+hummus
6pm:  chicken breast marinated in yogurt, lemon, garlic, ginger; mixed veggies
7:45pm: metformin+jardiance

No comments:

Post a Comment