Monday, October 24, 2022

Some Fantastic I Know It's True

(should have published 10/23. fell asleep) 

Doug is studying for his certification thing again. 

I just made a pot of coffee and discovered we have 3 filters left. Which I'm having a super hard time believing. I mean, there are hundreds of them in the package. There is no way we have run out of filters. To be sure, I cleaned the pantry out an reorganized it, just to see if I could find a package that would have another little batch, and then I won't have to go to Target or anything. 

But, poop. 

I remembered the last time we bought filters, I unwrapped the whole batch of them and put them in this nice bowl in the cabinet above the coffeemaker. I put ALL of them in the nice bowl. I recalled that both Doug and Geoff gave me shit for it, "why don't you just put some of them in there and the rest in the pantry? There's a leaning tower of Pisa of filters in there now..."

"This way we'll see when we're running out and we will know to get more," was my reply. So. My own doing and planning. To get us to this point where we now need a new bag of filters. 300 of them. Or whatever. 

A trip out may unfortunately be in the cards today as a result. But I do not want to go. I need to shower. And I don't feel like it. But I'm gross. I was a slug all day yesterday, burning the day.  

My beer blog updating over the day yesterday paid off, though. I got a hit from one of the breweries, and they shared my post on their facebook. I have never had 30 visitors on that blog in a day. In  fact, I don't even know why I keep it, but it's nice to look at the pictures. 

Super nice to get some love from a great brewery that we went to this summer!

While Doug is in the shower, I did the pantry cleaning and I unloaded the dishwasher, I dumped out all the laundry that needs to be folded and now it's all sitting on my bed taunting me. 

I'm listening to Barenaked Ladies on Spotify while he's in the other room. I like streaming stuff I like on his account to mess up his algorithm so when he listens to the daily lists it'll have things I like in it, which to be honest, he doesn't hate but. Screamin Jay Hawkins into Milk Carton Kids is kind of funny. 

I know a lot of people talk about how they want BNL to reunite. I'm okay with it. It's okay. They made certain decisions, broke up, and life goes on, as far as I'm concerned. Steven Page is making some amazing music with his Trio (seriously, if you are reading this and you ever get to go see them, please do). I have only listened to the new album once, but will dive in and swim in it soon. I have to say though, that the live album Rock Spectacle is the album that got me into them, and it is just a complete masterpiece. I listen to the studio versions of the songs and they are great but when you get Steven singing "What A Good Boy" with all his heart and soul, and the keyboard work that Kevin brings to it. 

It's like lightning in a bottle. And I am so happy that it exists. 

Doug is out of the guest room, done studying for the day and ready for football. He's listening to one of the songs on the stream now from the album "Gordon," and I don't think he's ever heard it ("Crazy" is the title) and he's over here going "Is this Barenaked Ladies! What is this noise! What is this weird mess! What are they doing!" 

It's not on Rock Spectacle. So he wouldn't know it. It is not their best song. True. 



digits

exercise: dedicated 10+26!

blood glucose
10am: 153
5pm:173
xpm: n/a  - fell asleep

food:
coffee, water, herbal tea
11am: carb balance wrap  w/low sugar PB&J
12:15pm: metformin
3pm: 2 good cherry yogurt
5:30pm: Reese's peanut butter cup
6pm: Tyson buffalo chicken strips, 10 tater tots, bleu cheese, celery, tomatoes
7:15: metformin+jardiance
8pm: ramekin of  trail mix (walnuts, pecans, almonds, craisins) 

No comments:

Post a Comment