Thursday, October 20, 2022

What Day Is This?

Today, I thought I had to go get blood work 24 hours before a doctors appointment. My appointment is next Friday. Not tomorrow. Jebus, my brain. I swear.

I discovered this when my dentist called me to make a cleaning appointment for November, and I opened my calendar to look at tomorrow - and didn't see the doctor's appointment? Um. I always put those things on the calendar so I can refuse meeting invites when they come through for the same time. 

This happens to me a lot. Doug too. He thought he had to be somewhere today, and realized it is next week. And he forgot he's got a doctor's appointment tomorrow to get his shingles vaccine. Luckily, he remembered when a co-worker was talking about it.

When we were driving to Chincoteague, we went by a WWII air show in Easton, MD. I looked up the event online and it said October 8th... but in my mind it was October 15th. So I thought they were silly for not updating their website with the new date, and was it rescheduled from the week before? Because of weather? Who doesn't update their website? What were they thinking? But oh. Christine.

Literally it was indeed and actually October 8th and my brain is never right. 

So I write everything down and put it all in Outlook and Google Calendar so I know what is going on. 

I've been trying to figure out why my blood sugar is so high over this past week or so. I'm wondering if it is the cough medicine morning noon and night that I've been taking? The internet says maybe so! 

But it was kind of high before I caught the cold, back when we were in Chincoteague. Almost like my medication just stopped working altogether one day. 

I think that tonight's cough medicine is the last dose I'll need, so we'll see if things go down starting tomorrow? This weekend? Maybe? 

That and I also got a good walk in today. If I keep that up, hopefully next week we'll have better digits for the blood work before the doctor's appointment. 

Next Monday, my boss is coming down to DC so I'm headed into the office to go meet up with him and others for drinks after work. 

Speaking of Drinks, I'm updating the beer blog after neglecting to do so for weeks and weeks and months. Such great beers and moments. All the way back to New Orleans in June!  Dang. Just wrote up Zony Mash and Courtyard, working on our summer visit to New Hampshire and Sawbelly Brewing (some of the best food we've had at a brewery in forever), True Respite here in our neighborhood, and up to Mad Science.  Evolution, Black Narrows, and Burley Oak when we were down on the Eastern Shore. So many neglected blog entries! 

While I'm not drinking a lot of beer, I'm tasting a bit and enjoying taking pictures still. For sure. And here's a picture. Digits below.

digits

exercise: Dedicated 10+23 - inside the house walk. 

blood glucose:
9am: 209
5pm: 233
9:45pm: 203

food:
coffee, water
9:30am: omelet (cheese and ham, 2 eggs)
12:30pm: metformin
2:30pm: Ham+American Cheese sandwich on 647 bread w/mayo
6pm: beef stroganoff and buttered noodles.
7pm: Metformin+jardiance

No comments:

Post a Comment