Sunday, October 16, 2022

Farmer Chris News Report

First: a note. My dad was in the hospital. He had a TIA on Friday morning, and then while at their watering hole in the afternoon, he had a hard time communicating, started to stumble, and said he couldn't feel his face. One of the waitresses sat him down in a chair, and another told my mom she should get him to the hospital as soon as possible. 

And of course, he didn't want to go. But she took him.

My sister called my mom to say hi, and mom told her he'd been in the hospital since Friday afternoon. My sister blew up at her for not telling us he'd been in the hospital for 24 hours. Then my mom yelled at her (using both her christian names) for swearing at her. My sister said she'd cuss her out all she wanted for not telling either of us about this, AGAIN. Mom changed the subject and asked about Linda's dog, which made her even angrier. I was going to call last night, but by the time I got near free enough to do it, it was 8:30pm and I didn't want to bother her. 

Mom told Linz they did an MRI and cat scan Friday, but didn't have any answers for her. She just called, and he's home, and his doctor told him not to be an idiot in the future, when it first happens, like, at 9:30 in the morning don't leave it until 2pm when you're at the bar cashing in your KENO tickets and you start to fall over and can't talk to the waitress running your bets.

Regretting when we were there last that we did not do a couple paperwork things, like getting put on a "you can talk to my kids" permission slip for their doctors and hospital, so we can learn 100% when something is a thing. 


Yesterday I felt horrible. 

I stayed in bed until 10am, then took a giant nap around 1pm, and went to bed around midnight but couldn't fall asleep. Then this morning, slept until 10. And I need a nap. No energy to even do an entry yesterday but I kept my digits. They'll be below.

I was supposed to go to a fundraiser benefit with my friend last night, and all day I laid around going "ugh. I... don't think I can go." She said it was semi-formal, and honestly, does ya girl own a thing? no. I have a blouse that I use at Christmas time (it's red) with black slacks. I lost one of my dress shoes. I'm always hot when I wear this shirt (not hot sexy but hot roasting my ass off).

She messaged me at noonish to ask something, we had some fun chatting about the zit she got, of course, like ya do right before a big event.

I told her I had a bad cold and felt like hot garbage. 

"I'm trying to decide which jerk I am. The jerk that backs out of a thing because they're sick, or the jerk that goes to the thing and spreads their horrible cold."

She told me that she would not be mad if I didn't go. 

I was so relieved. I couldn't imagine going anywhere last night. There's another event on Wednesday night, so, cross your fingers that I feel better. I want to go and be supportive, and also go and have a good time and all that. 

I like fun.

I feel better today but feel like I just did too much during the day. Doug told me that there was a yard sale around the corner from us, and I told him I knew because the lady posted on Next Door about it and how no one came yesterday. I had thought of going to see her, because she mentioned flower pots. But see "I'm sick" above and know I was actually too sick to even want to be vertical. 

He said he saw the flower pots, and thought of me. He told her that he liked the plates she had, and she said "OH I WILL HOLD THEM FOR YOU!" and he said "ugh. shit. Okay. I'll be back tomorrow." 

So he went back this morning for plates that we do not need, but there was a sugar and creamer set with them, and a good sized serving platter, so those things will be used even if I put the 5 (nice uneven amount) plates away. 

He also got 2 wire shelves, one skinny, one wide, a bunch of the aforementioned flower pots, some with holes and some without, a bird feeder on a big stick, a lamp, and some votive candle holders that are kinda cheesy. 

Also, in the digits, if you compare what I ate yesterday to today, I think I'm feeling much better. 

digits down the page but first, some pictures of plants.

Here's the wider shorter wire rack with the first plants on it. The aloe in the lava rock thingie that we've had forever and ever, and the plant I don't know what it is that's been in a beer bottle while I waited for a nice home for it. 

Props before getting put into new homes.

The super cute little 3 pots and their own "platter," left to right is a ZZ plant (from the prop pictured above,I hope it takes!), some spider babies left over from the plant swap a few weeks ago, and the "empty" pot has some "mother of thousands" seeds that someone gave me at the plant swap. 

On the right, a close up of the mother of thousands I have in a pot, and 2 of the wee seeds it has. These fall off very easily, and if you plant this outside it will take over your garden fast! 


digits

Saturday
no exercise, only sneeze and sniff.

blood glucose
10am: 241
5pm:166
10:30pm: 199

food:
Water, hot tea
noon: metformin
7pm: metformin+jardiance
7:30pm: 2 bowls of stew that doug made from stuff in the pantry. Chicken breast, bacon, tomato paste, diced tomato, pinto beans, celery, onions


Sunday:
exercise: Dedicated 10+13, would have gone longer but am helping Geoff with dinner.

blood glucose:
10am: 211
7pm: 191
10pm: 221

food:
water, coffee
10am: apple
1pm: tuna quesadilla (like a tuna melt but, toasted low carb fajita wrap w/melted cheese, tuna, mayo, celery) 
2pm: Metformin (forgot to take it at lunch so ... this was late)
7pm: metformin+jardiance
7:pmish - pork loin medallions in a maple pecan glaze (by geoff!) green beans
4 beers over the course of 4 hours
9pm  - Brie & Triscuits, heavy on the Brie

No comments:

Post a Comment