Sunday, October 30, 2022

leashed walking

It is yet another beautiful day out, not too cold and not too hot. Tevas, short sleeves, yoga pants. Like this is my weather. Today is one of 10 days that brings me such amazing weather joy. I have lived for this. 

Phin woke up at 7 on the nose, and we did our usual go out, get fed, get back in bed. Geoff came up at quarter to 9 and made coffee, unloaded the dishwasher (remember, that's noisy!) Everything in our house is too close together. I couldn't imagine living in a condo. I miss having a second floor away from any sort of hubbub and activity. A long hallway sounds nice even. 

It also occurs to me that when we Fall Back on the clock, Phin will be waking up at 6 because of his magical little body clock. Hmmm.

I played with my phone but then I had to pee, so I got up at about 10:30. 

The coffee pot was drained by Doug and Geoff by the time I got to it. I set to making the next pot. I then started gathering all the plants to water. I took the spider plants all together, set them in one half of the sink. Then the bigger pots of snake plants. And all the wee babies, the plant that has no name, the little spiders, the ZZ plant, the jade and the swiss cheese plant. And I noticed that the little mother of thousands seeds are starting to poke their lil'heads up. Everyone seems to have some new growth, or at least looks like it is not dying a horrible death at my hands.

This is reassuringly comforting.

Because it is Sunday, it is football day, and usually Doug prefers to stay home and look at the footballs than go anywhere, which is okay, especially if we did something fun on Saturday, which we did. 

When we moved here, we canceled DirectTV and NFL Sunday Ticket. So we are stuck with broadcast. Gross. 

The local team is playing at 4, so we were hoping they'd show us the Steelers/Eagles at 1pm but no. They're showing Dallas. That guy? Fuck that guy. Booooo. I asked Doug if he wanted to go somewhere like a pub to watch the Steelers game and he said no. 

He took a walk instead. 

He called me about 10 minutes later and said that a house up the street has some people moving out and they put a nice IKEA desk (and a bedroom set, and a little side table) so he thought Geoff might like the desk. Geoff has been using a little table for just his laptop, and he has nowhere to set a book or take notes, so he uses the work area in the basement that Doug set up for me (and I never use, which makes him sad. But. I feel like it's weird sitting with him down there when I do so many calls).

Geoff and I walked up to evaluate the desk, and yeah - perfect. So Hercules Boy picks it up and carries it home. No getting the Jeep for that guy! It is sitting in our yard right now, claimed as ours. I'm worried about the IKEA bed though. I mean, it looks like it is in great condition. I put something on Nextdoor.com hoping that it'll be claimed. Also, it's a super nice house, I kind of wish we were moving into it. That back deck, that yard, wow. 

Phin hates when people go for walks without him so I figured I'd take him on one. He wouldn't let me put his harness on so I grabbed a regular collar and some poop bags, and we headed out. 

What a menace he is on the leash. I forgot how annoying this is. Stopping ever 2 feet to sniff all the things, and then peeing on it. Okay, I get it, boy dog. Gotta cover up any neighbor dog smells. 

But honestly I want to walk here. I want to take a walk. My goal was a 20-30 minute walk, up to the pokegym, down to Georgia Ave, back across the neighborhood, down to the pokegym at the bottom of the street, then up to the elementary school, through the woods on the trail, turn right, go home. 

We made it to the Pokegym, and I just couldn't tolerate it any longer, so I turned around and we went home. 

I walked in the house for another 20 minutes, and he followed me the whole time. If he only walked this nicely on the leash. If the world was only less stinky with dogcentric smells. 

Maybe it is all our fault - he was wonderfully walking on the leash for years when he lived in DC, but here we are - fully fenced in yard, and we just let him do his thing. We broke him. 

I forgot to share this picture I took the other day from the doctor's office parking lot. 

There is a lot of "art" around the area. And I'm sure it is this way everywhere. A lot of the art is stupid sculpture work on roadsides and in medians, and some of it is god awful. But murals are very popular. I'm always impressed when I get to watch something like this come together. Last time I drove by, it was just the lines. It's truly coming to light and life right now. I gave myself some time to just stand on the rooftop of the garage and watch the lift go up and down as the artist did their magic. Really cool. Digits below.


digits

exercise: dedicated 10+22. Took Phineas for a walk, 11 minutes.
Walked 21 minutes in the house to make up for lost steps out there. 

blood glucose:
10:30am: 161
5:30pm: 171
10:15pm: 155

food:
coffee, water
12:45pm: metformin; apple and peanut butter 
3:30pm: 7 wheat crackers with peanut butter; ramekin of mixed nuts (no fruit)
6:30pm: metformin+jardiance
7pm: 11 grilled chicken wings with buffalo sauce; 1 beer

1 comment:

  1. Eliz / Rockport3:25 PM

    Awesome number trend!

    ReplyDelete