Thursday, October 27, 2022

Seven Point Oh

The results for all the rest of my blood stuff came in overnight, around 2am. 

The A1c is 7. 

I just noticed that the A1c when I got all my blood tested while in the hospital for Covid back in December 2020 was 6.8, And then it shot up hugely after. The whole recovery time I was all about sliced sourdough bread, cherry preserves, and tons and tons of saltines. Tons. So. changing all of that was necessary. We're making progress.

The one thing that didn't go down was the Triglycerides. That actually went up. Everything I had tested was in range, even my LDL and HDL, but that dang ole Triglycerides. The doctor's note said she's concerned that I've got Fatty Liver. "Control your diabetes and lose weight" is the Johns Hopkins website advice. 

Oh, okay. What have I been doing, yo? 

I mean, it doesn't help that I just had 5 peanut butter cup minis right before a meeting, instead of a nice 2 good yogurt. I was in a rush and they were there, next to the ice. Lookin' good. 

For scaling back on alcohol, I've really done that quite a bit. I had a couple beers Monday, nothing since. I've cut back really far on the booze (compared to 2020, 2021, wine/beer/vodka tonic just about daily) and I've been twice a week instead of 2 or 3 a day. I'm also very honest. I have been tracking everything for months. 

Hmmm. Really thought the Triglycerides would show great improvement. Maybe I need more time?

Nice downward trend there. Yay! I'm looking forward to my doctor's visit tomorrow and will set another meeting up with the nutritionist. Digits below the progress chart!

digits

exercise: Dedicated 10+11; 21 minutes in house

blood glucose
8am: 181
5pm: 200
9:30pm: 177

food:
coffee, water
noon: 2 apples with peanut butter; some mac and cheese with bacon (probably 5 forkfulls); metformin
3pm: 5 reese's mini pb cups
6pm: chicken parm. 1 chicken breast, a little sauce, cheese. Vodka tonic (reward for all the dumbness of the day and this blood stuff).
8pm: ramekin of mixed nuts (no dried fruit!)

1 comment:

  1. Eliz / Rockport3:05 PM

    Yay, I think? You are doing fantastic, not losing your motivation over the long haul... VERY amazing!

    ReplyDelete