Monday, October 03, 2022

Performance Review Time

It is raining out and once again dreary. The dog woke up at 7:00am, actually slept in good and late for him, and I let him out, fed him, and put on the coffee thinking I was up for the day. 

Doug got up and turned the heat on. It was 60 in the hallway and our forecast shows it's not going to warm up at all for a few days, so he "initiated heat zone," as he puts it. 

I snuggled back into bed (hey. Another hour before I need to get up, you better believe I may make use of snuggle the dog time!) I played with my phone and fell back asleep while Phin breathed deeply and softly. 

The dreams I have usually between 6am and 8am are wild, and this morning was no different.  

I heard Geoff pacing around the hall by my room because he needed to print something, and he knows I get mad if he prints while I'm sleeping. The printer startles me. 

So he was patiently waiting for me to get up. I'm glad he was stomping around because it was 9:15 by the time I realized what was going on. So I got up, grabbed a shower, and hustled to my 9:30 meeting. 

It was a lot of meetings kind of day, including my year end review with my manager. I hate these things. I hate writing about my own performance and looking back over the year and saying things. I additionally hate that the form is in the third person and I literally struggle with referring to myself by my name instead of I statements. 

There was a lot of good work done this year. I think I did myself justice and I was honest. I worked hard, y'all. Super hard. I worked hard supervising people I'm not the manager of. I have a neurodivergent co-worker and I feel like I spend a good deal of time working with her and helping her. Our company is really deep into (and this is a wonderful thing) D.E.I. for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. And I keep mentioning that people on the "spectrum" are Diverse, and Inclusion includes different ways of thinking and working. I feel I do my absolute best to be kind.

So my self assessments are short. I do not toot a horn or really go nuts about how wonderful I am. I also have a hard time talking about what I can improve upon. 

My manager wrote very thoughtful and detailed things about me and the past year, and the things we did. That I did. And he mentioned things I did that I forgot (good things). 

It was refreshing to read nice things about me, when I'm feeling a lot of times like I'm just not doing awesome things, or appreciated for the things that I do.

No picture because I'm lazy and the gloom of the day wasn't very photogenic.





digits

exercise

blood glucose
7am: 153
5pm: 170
10pm: 178

food:
coffee, water
10:15am: 2 good strawberry yogurt
12:15pm: BLT salad; metformin
2:30: apple+peanut butter
6:30: metformin+jardiance; chicken parm


No comments:

Post a Comment