Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Mice, redux

Last night, Doug came to bed and said there was a mouse, a very little mouse, in the living room. It was hiding under a table, looked like a rock, but with a tail. It had noticed Doug moving, and froze. Doug caught him out the corner of his eye. Busted, little dude.

In the spring, we had a bunch of mice. We took care of the mice. Well, Doug did. I was just sad every time I heard the trap snap. It was summer then and no more mice came in to hang out. But here we are with the fall, and some new mouse action. He's resetting the traps. There was a period where we trapped a mouse or two a day. I'm wondering how many we'll get this fall.

It makes me sad though, even if we don't want mice in our house. Similar, certain bugs. I cleaned the shower this morning and there was a giant spider by the drain. Oh honey. No. You stayed so hidden for as long as it took you to get big and you ate lots of bugs, I'm sure. But no. I smooshed it, and felt bad. 

They're doing the only thing they know to do - survive. I say it all the time, it's a hard world for small things.  I just don't want them in my house, in my space, ya know?  

Doug had a job interview today so he took the whole day off. The job was not a good fit, primarily the shitty pay and the fact it is part time (but they listed it as a full time job). 20 hours or less. So no. Even  though he really wants to quit his job this would be a giant mistake. Back to the drawing board. 

Since he has the whole day off, he's taking the car in for its emissions inspection. He's at the dentist right now. Some days you just take the whole day off and do all the things. 

I just ran over to do bloodwork ahead of my Friday doctor's appointment. I was going to take the whole afternoon off, but changed my mind. 

Hoping that 7.2  A1c has crept downward. A little worried after those 2 weeks of super high readings (wild, cold medicine induced, I think). Someone told me daily readings do not impact A1c, so, I'm hoping that is true. As of now, I'm going to post and go to bed, but the results haven't been sent yet. An update for tomorrow I betcha.

I took a couple pictures today while out at the doctor, but this one struck me as just So This Month. My super dead morning glories are still pumping out the pretty flowers. The vines grew all up the weird bush/tree thing that keeps growing back, and all the way up and over our holly bush that is like 10 feet tall. They cascade down and dangle over the sidewalk. It is all very dramatic and just what I wanted out of them. And the neighbors have beautiful trees. Digits below. 

digits

exercise: Dedicated 10+10

blood glucose:
8am: 173
5pm: 193
9:30pm: 218 (kind of close to dinner, and I did have corn chips and all that...) 

food:
coffee, water
11:30: chicken salad left over from yesterday
12:15: metformin
3:15: 2 good blueberry yogurt
3:45pm: some forbidden reese's mini pb cups that geoff bought me and put in the freezer.
5pm: Nachos. chips, beef, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, sour cream, salsa
7pm: metformin+jardiance

2 comments:

  1. Jessica4:24 PM

    Being sick will raise your blood sugar, and often higher numbers when you have no idea why indicates that you are coming down with something. Or nothing at all. I've been running high for a couple days, doesn't seem to be a reason. I eat basically the same things every day, yet my numbers do not indicate that at all. I fall apart at night because I am awake and hungry and bored and angry that I have diabetes and I say fuck it and eat all the things. Then I feel horrible about myself. I would kill for an a1c of 7.2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my doctor confirmed indeed indeed indeed cold medicine will add 100 points even if it is the sugar free kind.

      do not feel horrible. don't. what's your A1c now. and can you get it to go down like .2 ... I know you don't drink, but what can we think of other than the usual bullshit "lose weight" stuff.

      not eating all the stuff is the hardest. all i would love right now is to finish the mashed potatoes i just put away, and the ring dings geoff got. all of it. ALL OF IT. and a beer. it is friday night after all.

      Delete