Thursday, October 13, 2022

It's not covid, probably

I cracked myself up this morning by thinking our vacation in terms of body parts: Chin to Ass. Chincoteague. Assateague. hahahahhahhhahh

ahhahahhahhahhhhahahahhahhahahaaaaaa! 

ha. 


I should probably take a test. I have a sore throat, headache, no fever, no cough, post-nasal drip but no sneezing/runny nose. It could be covid, I mean, anything is possible right? 

But overall, this feels like the start of a very classic cold. 

Hunkered down in the house, it is pouring sheets of rain today. Gloomy, dark, heavy atmosphere. Always has a direct impact on how I feel. It makes the fall leaves pop to life though, having all the gloom around, but it has the opposite impact on me. 

I slept until 9:15, and got up for a 9:30am meeting. 

But I also thought it was Saturday. It was very dark when I woke up so I thought it was around 7 or so. And then I thought that the house was strangely quiet, maybe Doug went to the farmers' market without me. Hmm.

But. It's Thursday. Managed to snap out of my confusion and get to work, thankfully working from home means no camera on the zoom and a lunchtime shower are acceptable.

I spent the day in kind of a fog, attended many meetings, sat quietly, listened, slightly overwhelmed by a lot of stuff going on all around today. Managed to be coherent in pleading a "I think this is a bug, do you think this is a bug" discussion with my favorite developer (she agreed it was a bug). I solved one mystery for a station and then had a 6 emails back-and-forth exchange with another station just trying to get him to tell me the thing he is doing that isn't working. 

Doug left for his walk, and I had started dinner at 4:30. Geoff wanted ziti, and was supposed to make it for himself while we were out of town but he didn't. So I made meatballs in sauce, and a pan of ziti that was intended for not me (I had 10 noodles. I counted). My meatballs are so good I can eat like 100 of them, honestly. 

They bring me joy. Joyful meatballs. Balls of Meat. 

Lord.



digits

exercise: Dedicated 10+11. Walked while dinner was cooking

blood glucose: 
9:15am: 203
5pm:160
10pm: 217

food:
coffee, water
9:15am: 1 slice of 647 toast with peanut butter
12:15: metformin, pepperoni slices and sharp cheddar cheese chunks
2pm: apple
6:15pm: 6 meatballs, 10 noodles from the ziti bake, one piece of garlic bread
7:30pm: metformin+jardiance; another piece of garlic bread while cleaning up dinner (ie: wiping sauce out of the pan) 

No comments:

Post a Comment