Saturday, October 08, 2022

Ponytown

 We left around 11am and got to Salisbury at 1ish - pretty good time with all the traffic we encountered. Our  first destination was lunch and beer at Evolution Brewing Company, which I plan a nice write up in the beer blog for. We enjoyed a fantastic meal and beers, and Doug was poking around inside and the guy who does their brewery tours caught him. So he offered to show him around. 

Now, Doug and I have been on many brewery tours before, and Doug wasn't necessarily feeling it but the guy was super nice and friendly, so he went. 

I sat at the table on the patio, playing pokemon and hanging out by myself and started to really wonder where he was so, I paid the tab, went on a Doug hunt. Found him eventually, and then the guy offered to take me around when Doug told him I like to write about beer. So we got more tour. 

We had a great time with him, he was super nice and really smart. The operations for the brewery (canning, bottling, boxing, brewing) are really interesting. And we got to meet the owner, Tom, so cool. Very friendly. 

After spending a lot more time than we intended, we went to the parking lot, got in the car, and some jackass in a very large pickup truck backed up into us while Doug laid on the horn. 

Not a lot of damage but a noticeable crack in the bumper now, which made Doug super grumpy. 

"Oh hey man, I didn't see you."

Brah... of course you didn't you're driving an aircraft carrier. 

Anyway. We headed down to Chincoteague, checked into our hotel, and headed to the beach. It was a beautiful ride, what a cool place, super bright sunny wonderfulness and blue skies, gorgeous water, no traffic because hey, everyone who wanted to be on the island today was already there and we were arriving at like 5! 

We got checked in, decided to take a ride to the beach. Shortly after we crossed into the National Park (it was free admission day today so super extra bonus for us!) we saw a ton of cars pulled over. 

Folks were gawking at ponies. 

So we pulled over to gawk at ponies.

We drove down to the beach, which was packed. People were wearing parkas and winter clothes, and other people were swimming. I took a lot of pictures of some cute sweet little piping plovers. They were delightful to watch. We left before the crowds all got in their cars to drive out, and we drove around the wildlife loop, where we saw 2 wild bunnies. Wildlife. On the way out, got to see the ponies again, with the gorgeous sunset.

More tomorrow. And ... I should try to squeeze in a 10 minute walk but. Bed is tempting me even at this early hour. Maybe sleep early means up early and we'll get some walking in. Doug wants to go to some lighthouse tomorrow and it is a half mile in and then back out. All flat, which is nice I can do flat for days.

Edit: I did take a walk. And talked to the girl at the front desk for like a half hour about this mystery cottage out back and 4 feral kittens that I met. And real estate on the island. And kids. And her name is Jess. 


Here's a picture. (edit - trying to upload and it won't let me so. I'll try later?)




digits

exercise: Dedicated 10+7
17 minute walk at 9:30ish at night, after taking my 9pm reading and not liking it. Would have gone longer but I needed to use the bathroom

blood glucose: apologies to my blood today
7am: 203
xpm no afternoon reading due to being on the road and on the go
9pm: 260  (will re-read after a couple hours)

food:
coffee, water
8am: 2 good yogurt
10am: metformin (so i would not forget it)
1:30pm: crab dip with garlic bread; chicken and waffles, hash brown potatoes; 3 beers
7pm: 2 beers 
8pm: 3 slices of everything pizza


No comments:

Post a Comment