Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Doctors Appointment

On Friday I get to go meet my new doctor. 

The doctor I've been seeing is out on leave, I'm not sure if she's having a baby or sick, I worry about her. She is actually the sweetest  thing.  I really have enjoyed having her as my doctor for the past few years. Wishing her well in my heart. 

Doug suggested I switch to his doctor. We were assigned random doctors when we signed up with this practice, so this  is a chance for us to get on the same page with the same doctor. For about 30 something  years our entire family had the same doctor, I think Jess still goes to him and his practice. Not sure if they've changed or he's retired. Anyway. I miss him a lot sometimes. He literally was the campus doctor at our college, so he had been my doctor since I was 19.

Wild. 

Trying to get all of this blood sugar and triglycerides stuff  in order and working with the nutritionist and all, my blood sugar has been super high for about a week. I'm nervous about going to get the A1c checked and have it be back up over 7.2. Cross your fingers, send good vibes, aim for 7. In our heart of hearts, I'm hoping we're making that progress. 

I know the big factor in a lot of this is exercise and I can and should do better. I really should. I made myself go out for a walk today, and dang it if I shouldn't have worn a coat. How very DARE  it be cold here? 

So ... Planning on blood work on Thursday afternoon. Cross your digits that the A1c is ...better. Even if my daily digits are dumb.

Meant to take a picture today but  it got dark fast. Two days of digits below. Monday I was too wiped out to do an entry, so. Saved it all for today!!!




digits

Monday

exercise: none

blood glucose:
9am: 245
7pm: 215
10pm:  192

food:
coffee, water, hot tea
9:30am: apple
11:30am: brie & turkey wrap (low carb wrap)
noon: metformin
2pm: pbj, on 647 bread
7pm: 3 boneless pork chops w/shake & bake; broccoli
7pm: metformin+jardiance


Tuesday

exercise: dedicated 10+3. outside, it was cold out so i hurried back

blood glucose:
9am: 195
5:45pm 216
9:30pm 201

food:
coffee, water
11am: 2 good yogurt
1pm metformin; grilled american cheese+turkey and hummus on 647 bread
3:15pm: apple+peanut butter
5:45pm: metformin+jardiance
6:30: chicken breast w/cheese and bacon





No comments:

Post a Comment