Friday, October 14, 2022

That Guy?

Oh finally the grey is over. It is brilliant blue with a tinge of milky whiteness mixed in. And I do love it.

Today is gorgeous. All the windows are open, the neighbor doesn't seem to be around running power tools incessantly (yesterday, in the pouring rain, he was running something that cuts metal, for hours. I'm all for people fixing up on their houses but Lord, honey, dude, give it a rest), and the leaves are starting to change on the road across the street. 

It feels like fall is thinking about starting to get ready. And that's nice.

I still have a sore throat but nothing is progressing to worse? I didn't sleep well last night, I was awake until well after 1 and then up at 8 after Doug let the dog out, went to the bathroom, and then the dog started yelling at the neighborhood. So I got up, let him in, snuggled back to bed with Phin but never fell back asleep. 

Sadly. 

But it was comfortable. I slacked the team to say I would not be at the 9:30 standup. I'd be in the shower (I didn't tell them that). I thought I had a 10am meeting with my department head but that was at 10:30, so I had time to ease into that once I was caffeinated, alert, alive.

I didn't go for an outside walk today, I wanted to. And to be honest if this was a couple months ago, 7pm would be light out still but it is dark and I would go right now. But hell it is super dark out there. I did get 22 minutes inside. Happily. I could have kept going but Geoff was making dinner and broke a plate and I slowed down, then I went to the bedroom to rest. 

And I'm a little sad about the plate. It isn't my FAVORITE plate but it is one that I like a lot. So I'm slightly bummed out. 

The neighbor, who wasn't running power equipment all day, started in. With a jackhammer. 

I started thinking about my friend Rob, who does this really funny voice, and he says "That guy? Fuck that guy." So I started to laugh a little bit thinking about Rob, and I texted him to let him know I was having a "That guy?" moment. Then I was watching the news where someone was complaining about the cost of something, and I said "That guy? Fuck that guy." with Rob's kind of funny voice. Hilarious. 

I crack myself up. Well, Rob cracks me up, and sometimes you carry things for dozens of years that are just funny as all get out.

I've been cracking myself up lately. Sometimes that is all that matters. 

Oh, here's a Phineas picture for you. Because I've not been posting pictures lately due to abject laziness. You deserve one. We all do. This was taken right after he was outside yelling at white panel vans and delivery trucks. Protecting us all from the baddies.

digits:

exercise:

blood glucose:
9am: 198
5pm: 188
10pm: 208

food:
coffee, water, tea
9:30am: 2 good berry yogurt
1pm: apple+peanut butter; turkey+hummus on low carb wrap; metformin
3pm: can of tuna w/mayo
6pm: cheeseburger, mayo+catsup; pickles. Vodka tonic w/splash of no sugar cran
7pm: Metformin+jardiance
coooookiiiiiieeees (geoff baked some toll house cookies. mmmm)

No comments:

Post a Comment