Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Fancy Charity Thing

I went to the fancy charity thing tonight. My stuffy nose about as good as it gets, and I found my dress shoes too, which don't fit anymore (they are too small). 

It was really nice. A big celebration and silent auction (I didn't win anything but my friend did! Woo hoo! Fancy dinner that her husband won't like and I'm her date!)  

It was super inspiring to listen to all these people who do all sorts of awesome things with DC public school kids. I mean. Amazing stuff. Really powerful testimony and witness to the power of love and empathy. I got to meet a State Senator, and my friend and her friend (she brought 2 of us) looked super cute. 

I think about all the time I spent and invested in kids over the years, with Scouts and the Shakespeare Camp, and the running joke of "It's only an hour a week" came back to mind. All the effort, the hopes and dreams, the fund raising, the budgets, the grants, the tears. I mean. It is so much. 

I got to meet a Senator too. He was nice. I won't post that picture because I don't want anyone to think I am on one side or another or anything, what with where I work. 

Digits below. Here's me, Sara, and her friend Erin. Erin put some filter on the picture or some shit. I look extra nice and not at all red skinned and weird. Especially wearing a red blouse. And I curled my hair all super good and it was amazing when I left the house and then floppy and not at all stylie by the time we took this picture. 

digits

exercise:   

blood glucose:
9am: 216
4:30pm: 205
10:30pm: 211

food:
coffee, water
noon: metformin
noon thirty: 2 left over pork chops, a bunch of green beans, and broccoli. Leftover Festival! 
5pm: 2.5 oz bag of planters mixed nuts
7:30pm: metformin+jardiance; 1 glass of red wine over ice; hors d'oeuvres at charity dinner: vegan crabcake, small tastes of food competition - butternut squash themed things. Soup, goat cheese & squash fritters, butternut squash salad. Lots of cauliflower. Lots of cheese, 2 mango shrimp skewers, basil hummus
10:30pm: 2 good cherry yogurt

No comments:

Post a Comment