Friday, October 28, 2022

The Doc

(Updated yesterday's entry because I forgot to log my exercise there, which, I actually did!)

Today I had that there doctor's appointment. 

She's a new to me doctor, but Doug has been seeing her since we moved onto this insurance plan 3 years ago. My doctor relocated to Pennsylvania, and I'll miss her for sure. 

In email, new doctor is a little brusque, but in person she's delightful. We went over everything, did a retinal diabetes check, and foot check. We talked about the triglycerides numbers and she thinks I need a longer period of time between my a day that I have a beer or other alcohol, and the blood draw. This was less than 48 hours. She said we should wait until after the holidays, maybe February, "so we don't ruin any family celebrations by making it so you can't enjoy a glass of wine or so." 

I think I like how she thinks. 

We talked about the high numbers for those two weeks, the pizza and beers at Chincoteague, and then the cold medicine. She said absolutely, even if the cold medicine is marked "no added sugar" the active ingredients in the medicine will raise blood sugar. So she was happy to know I was back down to what is "normalish" for me, even though it is still a little too high. The important number is the A1c. I asked if the 2 weeks of high numbers impacted the results and the reading could have been under 7, and she said yes, for sure. Darn. 

So we're looking to February for the next results.

The last weight I had recorded was the day I got my xiaflex injection back in September, and that was 210.6 with all my clothes on. 

Today, the weight (all clothing on) was 208.9. I didn't take a picture for the blog because the nurse was ushering me along to the appointment room for vitals and vaccinations, but am recording it here so I know.

We talked about how since I've lived here I have dropped like 30 pounds or so. I showed her a picture of me from 2011 from the beer blog. I'll include it here for reference. 

Even though I weigh a lot more here in this picture, I love this picture. My friend Dave took it, and we loved the "Slow" sign. He is "slow" because he had developed a seizure disorder. And I like taking it slowly in life, soaking in the atmosphere around me, taking the cute moments easy, and trying not to stress the small stuff (and remembering, everything is small stuff). 

We talked about slow assuredness and goal setting. I don't have an unreasonable goal (my goal is to break 200 and get to 199, for now) and that we're on the right track. It may not happen by the end of this year, but it will. 

She was super nice, I liked her. And while I am going to miss my original doctor, heck. I feel like I moved into good hands. 

I did mention I got the Covid bivalent shot and the flu shot. I'm hoping it doesn't knock me on my ass. Doug is studying for his test and will probably be super focused on it this weekend, so if I am knocked on ass, it won't be like the worst weekend for it to happen. 

Digits below. Obvs. 



digits

exercise: Dedicated 10+3; quick walk in the house while 

blood glucose:
8am: 191
5pm: 171
10:30pm: 220

food:
coffee, water
11:45: 2 carb balance wraps with avocado, turkey, cheddar cheese; grape tomatoes on the side
12:30: metformin
4pm: 3 celery stalks in low sugar pb
6:45pm: roast chicken, mashed potatoes, stuffing, carrots (yes i did), and homemade gravy. 
9:15: metformin+jardiance (forgot to take it right around dinner because I made dinner, ate, and cleaned the kitchen up)


No comments:

Post a Comment