Friday, October 21, 2022

Galileo King of Night Vision, King of Insight

 Galileo. I play it every year for Clayton's birthday. But before today I'd never seen this official Indigo Girls video. It kind of hit me in all the feels on a couple levels. 

First, they are so young and so beautiful. My cishet soul did have a certain yearning for their cuteness, I'll admit the hell out of that. But I had me some Doug, also cute. Also adorable. God we were all so young. 

Second, all of the screen text. Watch the video, and read along. At first I was a little confused but I let it run, and read everything... and it all was so moving. 


What was I in a previous life? I don't necessarily believe in going and coming and if I was anything before I am who I am today. Not sure I buy that. 

I always think about whether or not he'd like Guster. I bet he would. He loved to play that damn guitar. We had to rescue it to give it back to his mom and sister, all his stuff was left behind and someone had it all. Or maybe his car was dead in our driveway and he was supposed to come get it, and stuff was in it. I just remember desperately needing to get the guitar back to his sister and his mom. I kind of wanted to keep it. 

One regret is that I never learned how to play. I would sing, he's play a guitar part, and he'd record it on a tape cassette. Then he'd play it back, with me singing the harmony and him playing a different guitar part. What we could have done with digital and Pro Tools. 

Anyway. It's been a long time since 2002. I miss ya, Brown Guy, "Clayton rhymes with Satan," you big dingus. 

How long 'til our souls get it right, Clayton? Let me know if you get a chance. 

digits, as usual, below. 


digits

exercise: none today - talked to my sister instead

blood glucose
9am: 203
5pm: 162
10:15pm: 180

food:
coffee, water
10:30am: slices of ham (just. like a savage)
12:30pm: metformin; plate of chicken salad
6pm:  Kielbasa and onions; cauliflower (buffalo style with this recipe, flour and honey SPARINGLY); pierogies (4 of them, 40 grams of  carbs total) 

No comments:

Post a Comment