Thursday, October 13, 2022

Caught a lite sneeze

 "Caught a lite sneeze, dreamed a little dream, made my own pretty hate machine."
-Tori Amos


(meant to publish for 10/12 but fell asleep) I woke up early this morning with a sore throat and stuffy nose. Sneezing. Light cough. Might have picked up a cold while away for the weekend. Maybe caught a lite sneeze. I dunno. 

I just wanted to stay tucked into bed this morning, for some reason I have a throbbing pain in my ring fingertip on my hand that got the xiaflex shot (probably totally not related to anything) and my sore throat and post-nasal were annoying me, preventing me from truly enjoying and embracing the lay-in...I got up, took a benadryl and some tylenol, and hit the ground running. Albeit slowly. 

Trying to think if I have even had as much as a cold since having covid? Everyone did such an amazing job keeping everything clean, sanitized, for such a long time. And then places started to slack off. My friend's 5 yr old went to preschool through the pandemic. This summer,  he came home with cold after cold, pink eye!, another cold. She called them to complain because for 2 full years he went to this same school and didn't catch a single cold. 

"Well children sometimes share a lot of germs..." they said. Like she's some sort of idiot. Yes. She knows. Kids are walking petri dishes.  He was sick every other week before covid. But then people started "covid protocols" for cleaning. And nary a cold was caught. Hmmmm. 

After our company all staff, I took a 2 hour nap. Thankfully I had a wide open afternoon, a team that is kind, and I could step away. 

The nap was nice but I still feel gross. 

I need to not be sick for Saturday when I agreed to go to a thing for my friend Sara's office. I'm already exhausted thinking about it. 



digits

exercise: Dedicated 10+3 happy i squeezed a little walk in

blood glucose:
9am: 188
5pm:190
xpm  -- fell asleep

food:
coffee, water, hot tea
9:15am: apple
10:15am: small container of chicken salad left from yesterday
11:30: small bit of mac & cheese with bacon
12 noon: 2 good yogurt
3:30pm: turkey sandwich on 647 bread with mayo
6pm: 1/2 sub roll with cheesesteak stuffing (beef, onion, mushroom, american cheese)
7pm: metformin+jardiance







No comments:

Post a Comment