Saturday, October 21, 2023

A Rainy New Bedford Lunch Trip

Ya know, yesterday I should have taken that walk. It is absolutely pouring here. The weather forecast showed we would not be getting a break until late evening. And they didn't lie. 

Today, mom changed her mind about going out because of the rain. Fair. Totally fair. So instead, I went and had lunch with my friend Alex. We met in New Bedford at Cisco Brewing. 


Alex suggested it because he knows I do love craft beers, as he does too. It was a good place in between him and me. (Note to Linda: They have a full bar). 

The weather was absolutely unfriendly, so we ate inside. You can see the impact of the wind on my hair in picture 3. 

I was getting ready to take a picture of the beers in shot 2 (a pumpkin taster and Wandering Haze) when Alex came in and photo bombed. We sat for hours talking. There was a musician playing in the bar and he was good. Lots of folk standards like James Taylor and Jim Croce but a ripping Taylor Swift cover and some Elvis. It was delightful to crowd watch. 

Alex and I talked about everything from Guster, to Counting Crows, to Ari Shapiro, to mom. And then she called me because I was gone so long that she was worried. Oy. Mom I am having fun with my Alex! I told her I was in no rush to leave, and I'd be home soon. 

Alex thought it was sweet of her to check on me, and me to say "oh thank you for checking up on me!" 

We enjoyed our time together, and I'm so thankful to have a friend who wants to meet for lunch and talk about stuff and junk and things. On the way home, I took the backroads and not the highway. Stopped for some lemon loaf at Shaws (the stuff from Walmart is not to her liking), milk (get the see through bottle and not the solid white bottle so I can see how much is left), peanut butter cookies (oh! What a treat!). 

She headed off to bed around 8. As usual. 

Saw this image on FB today and while I have some friends who do NOT find this funny (Seasonal Affective Disorder/etc) I kind of thought it was amusing. The faces on the sun and cloud kind of did it for me. 

Digits below. Not making good food choices today like skipping breakfast, and having beers. Will do better tomorrow! 

digits

exercise 10/12 hours of 250 steps.  Missed 2 and 3pm whilst sitting chatting with Alex.

blood glucose:

10am: 189
n/a pm: n/a - did not take a reading after getting home at 6:30pm. 
10pm: 214

food:

coffee, water
11am: Metformin
2pm: brisket quesadilla, fried scallops (not as good as mom's local!) coleslaw, a couple fries, 3 beers
7:30pm: turkey+hummus on keto bread; metformin+jardiance
10pm: protein shake

No comments:

Post a Comment