Friday, October 06, 2023

Motherland

This morning we took our time. I woke up at 9, got my steps in, went downstairs for coffee and brekkie.

Doug was still sleeping, so I took my laptop with me because I got a text saying my EZpass payment was declined. One of the joys of getting an updated Debit card is trying to remember all the places you put in your card or your bank ACH info. I guess this one is the card. I tried to log in, noting that I did successfully  log in day before yesterday to put the Mini on the transponder. But somehow, I had already forgotten my credentials. Knowing I had to get the transponder ID out of the car, I just gave up and futzed with Facebook and drank coffee until the dude started vacuuming the hall carpets and it was just too loud to deal with. 

I'll fix this asap but as of this morning I was "fuck that guy" and just looked at instagram updates. 

When I went back upstairs, Doug was up and drinking the room coffee. He said he was very confused that I was gone, and thought I'd be bringing him coffee. I asked why he didn't message me or call and he said he just ... assumed I'd be back. With coffee. 

Some couples call and text each other constantly, Doug just figured I'd be back.

Well, I was back but not with coffee for him. Lucky there was the aforementioned room coffee. If he had messaged me, I'da told him where I was, and would have brought him coffee. 

While drinking that weaksauce room coffee, Doug was fighting with his PC, and I started dicking around with phone games. Eventually I got a shower, and we headed over to my mom's around noon. Linda told me she'd asked when we were coming over at about 8am. Lin said they got in super late - cut them a break. Linda was still working, it being Friday after all, so we had a visit with mom while she took care of stuff.

She was in very good spirits. Linda has been taking very good care of her, even though the two of them make faces at each other and my mom is being somewhat of a stubborn brat. Mom brought her walker out, and she sat on the porch being a nebshit and looking at all the goings on in the neighborhood. I asked her if she had been coming out often. She said no, that she used to come out and sit and smoke and my dad would come out too. So she'd go inside.

It made me really sad because all he wanted was to spend time with her.

So she hasn't really been outside on the porch since maybe July. She was kind of stream of consciousness blabbing around in circles about this person and their dog, a court date about some guy named Bob who got beat up by some guy named Rob and how the case was dismissed and the jury was tampered with and then her neighbor and his friend were walking around doing yard work so that was very interesting. 

She was fussing because my sister got a window fan to suck the cigarette smoke out of the house and my mom didn't like that the heat was going out the window with the reverse fan.

"Don't smoke in the house then." my sister said. 

"I'm ready for my peanutbutter and jelly sandwich."

Lin feels bad for me once I start staying there because she said that even though she smokes, she hates being in the house with the stench. She has the windows open, but it's going to get cold soon, and well, I'm probably going to have to close those windows. My mom doesn't seem to care. I told her it's like someone walks into a room and lets out the most devastatingly evil farts and isn't bothered by them, and can't understand why others are. She ... disagrees. It's her house. So we're going to buy an air purifier, and I'll do my best not to die.

We were there about an hour, and then we decided it was time to eat so we went to mom's watering hole. The folks there have paid close attention to her for months and patrons and staff alike are on the watch for her. 

They have kick ass fried seafood, and so we enjoyed a great meal and a couple beers. We came back to the hotel for naps. 

Linda gave mom a pedicure of sorts today. No polishing and prettying but just straight cutting. Her nails had not been trimmed in God knows how long. It was on her list of things she wanted to get done before she goes home... Saint that she is. After she finished, she declared that mom can no longer swoop down and grab small animals and children and fly away with them. Mom had some talons. 

Earlier in the day Doug asked if she wanted to go to her watering hole and she said not today. After we left, she told Linda that she would like to go this weekend. 

Linda said she needs a shower badly, so I think the plan is that tomorrow Doug is going to swap out her shower head for a nice handheld hose dealie. We'll get her in the shower and hose her down (she has not showered in .... months?) And gussy her up to go over to the place. 

Wish us luck. Here she is soaking her feet to soften up the claws.

digits

exercise 12/12 hours of 250 steps.  Not a real dedicated 10 today but got a lot of steps in. 

blood glucose:

10:30am: 204. forgot to take my reading before coming down and eating breakfast
5:15pm: 202 (thanks beer)
10:30pm: 193

food:

coffee, water
9:30am: 2 sausage patties and a mcmuffin egg
11:30am: Metformin
12:30pm: lots of slices of cheese
3pm(maybe 30?): Scallops & Haddock fried seafood plate, a couple french fries, Coleslaw; 3 beers
7pm: metformin+jardiance
8:30pm: 3 slices of pizza (pepperoni+onion), 1 beer

No comments:

Post a Comment