Thursday, October 26, 2023

Home Happy

I was happy to be home until I saw the kitchen and the bathroom were a mess. 

I will not bitch and moan about the mess. I expressed my displeasure to the boys and set to work on cleaning this morning. A lot more needs to be done. Doug and Geoff did a bunch of yard work, which was good, I was happy for that. So my expression of displeasure was ... mitigated. But. Still, I was displeased.

This afternoon, Doug needed to get his bloodwork done, and so did I. It had been since March so time to check the A1c. I just got the results. My doctor kept gently encouraging me and called while I was in Massachusetts. So I promised her I would go get it done.

Well, sportsfans. The A1c went up

Y'all. 

It is 7.6, up from 7.3 back in March. 

I'm wicked pissed. You all see how I eat. Compared to some diabetics who eat a whole pie or ice cream every day, I sure the hell am not. I know here and there I can for sure do better but shit.

Doug said it is exercise that I'm lacking, that the "dedicated 10" isn't enough. And the wine isn't helping, maybe. Most likely.

I left Team Triscuit. While hanging out with Lin and C the other night, I didn't eat (more than a couple of) the beautiful chocolate covered cashews, and I rejected the loving offer of popcorn when C nuked some (and burned some! and I was afraid the smoke detectors in the hotel room were going to go off and water would come squirting out all over everything).

I felt bad rejecting such delightful snacks, but, I'm trying hard to make this work. And I'm trying to be disciplined.

sigh. 

I mean, I could join a gym, right? I used to go to one in Massachusetts, maybe I join again. I could stop using excuses like "it's too fucking hot out, I'll walk inside" maybe. I have raised my activity but it isn't "sugar burning" activity. 

Meh. 

Anyway. 

No picture today, I wanted to take a shot of the plant Doug's mom sent him home with, but it got dark out before I could get out there to do so. Will try and remember in the morning. 

Digits below.








digits

exercise 11/12 hours of 250 steps. Missed 8pm because I stopped steps to check email from the doctor's office.

blood glucose:

9:30am: 170
4:30pm: 146
9pm: 268 (chinese food, etc)

food:

coffee, water 
11am: metformin
12pm: large fuji apple w/peanutbutter
6:30pm: metformin+jardiance
7pm: a lot of chinese food. Egg roll, curry shrimp, general gao chicken, mongolian beef, a scoop of fried rice, 3 peking ravioli

white wine

No comments:

Post a Comment