Tuesday, October 03, 2023

Baking Cookies and Emailing Attorneys

Tonight, I emailed an elder care attorney to ask his advice. Our cousin referred us to him, and, well, it's time that we start thinking about starting to get ready to make some decisions maybe. Since mom is kind of very non-compliant, what could we do for her. 

Not too her, but for her. 

To make life better? Linda and I talked a bit over the past couple of days about this and hell, we may not be able to keep her where she is. 

I don't think I can work from her house for 2 weeks at a time, like Lin has. 

I can do it temporarily, but I'm not sure that is a sustainable model for either of us, to be trading off and staying there. Especially if she does not want to do what she needs to do to get and be healthy. 

Deeply saddened by this thought. 

Doug and I are headed up that way on Thursday. Our initial plan was we'd be heading up to do Dad's interment but. ya know. Things. Stuff. Changes in plans. Out of our control. 

Tonight, I baked cookies. I had been meaning to, and had butter sitting on the counter for a couple days just looking at me as I moved it from one spot to another. Tonight I decided to commit. And I baked some fucking kick ass cookies that Doug and Geoff loved.

I want to send a care package to Phin's original mama. She just bought a house and I want to do cut out flowers and paw prints, and peanut butter and chocolat chip assortments for her. Chances are, I will not get a half dozen of what I baked held aside for her. My monster son and husband will eat and enjoy them, so I will have to bake again. 

If so, so be it? I guess? 

Anyway, I told my sister she is free to leave and go home this weekend, and I'll stay with mom for a while, and see how we do, and then determine next steps. 

Linz needs a break. 

And I need to step up.

So. I'll be up that way. Jess is happy because they'll be able to come visit. And I know that may do mom some good to have Jess come say hi. I'm not sure if Geoff wants to come with us on this trip or not - I have to ask him in the morning. 

We booked a hotel. Here I come to Marriott Gold Status as a result I guess. A positive side effect. 

I can work from anywhere, so I'll be prepared to do so, and do so. So help us all. 

Anyway. 

I was going to throw in a picture but my phone is in the bedroom and I'm out here, so. No pic today. I'm sure I'll have something soon. Digits, below. 





digits

exercise 12/12 hours of 250 steps.  Dedicated 10 plus 2

blood glucose:

9am: 163
4:30pm: 136
10:45pm: 173

food:

coffee, water
10:30am: pbj sandwich on 647 white
noon: metformin; small bowl of mac & cheese w/ground beef
6:15: chicken breast grilled w/ big salad
7pm: metformin+jardiance
some cookies and cookie dough as I baked tonight
Vodka tonic w/ splash of cran

No comments:

Post a Comment