Sunday, October 15, 2023

Bracelets Bespoke

Some days you feel the atmospheric pressure is low, and your head hurts as a result. 

I got up around 7:45 and noticed mom hadn't started the coffee, which was odd, so I did. I walked down the hall to her, she was playing her game. Asked her if she'd taken her pills (knowing she didn't because they were in my hand).

"Oh! I lost track of time," she stood up. "I'll make the coffee!"

"No need, I hit the button we're good to go in about 15 minutes. Just in time for you to sit with this pills on an empty stomach thing. I'll bring you something and a cuppa, so you can keep playing your game."

She was pleased with that. She's supposed to be eating at the dining table but I kind of feel if she's not eating whilst in repose on her bed, it's a good thing. 

Last slice of banana bread in hand, and a cuppa, she was happy. I was happy.

And I just went back to bed after taking some tylenol because I had a headache.  

I woke up just in time to do my 10am steps, did the 11 right after, turned the coffee pot back on because it went to sleep, took my blood sugar. She came down the hall to the bathroom and I was flopped back in bed playing with my phone. She told me she was going to take a rest, put her coffee cup and plate in the sink. 

It just felt like it was a good day to take a rest. I eventually got up and made myself a great omelet. I played on my phone. I read. I got up to do my steps each hour and went through the mail I had already opened to see what needed a call, what could be paid online, and what would need a mailed check. 

She has an orthopaedic bill that she has no idea what it is for. It's 3 months overdue and these jerks don't have an online payment portal so she wants [me] to call tomorrow and ask when the services were rendered. The mailing/office is in Plymouth and she said she has never been to a doctor in Plymouth. Okay will do.

I realized then that she should probably have lunch so she may be hungry by the time it is dinner. This time I asked her if she wanted to make her own PBJ and she said that I could, but she'd come down to eat at the table. 

We have very nice chats when we sit together at the table. We talked about the friendship bracelets I've got on, and I told her all about why I have them and asked if she knows who Taylor Swift is. I told her the inspiration for Guster themed bracelets came from TS and showed her the picture of the 200+ bracelets I made. 

I told her I would make her one that says SWIRL which is a nickname my High School Bestie gave her. She laughed and said "make me one that says TROUBLE too! That's what everyone says when I come in places. "Here Comes Trouble!""

Girl is awful proud of that. I kind of never want someone to think that of me, even in jest but. Okay. Yeah, you got it. Coming right up. SWIRL and TROUBLE.

I cleaned up from lunch, flopped back on the bed. C called me and we talked for a good 90 minutes. She's closing up camp as it is the end of season. Heartbreaking. Looking forward to April when she can throw open the windows and welcome people back to porch life. 

I recalled that I was going to make a bracelet for her too, so now my brain is focused on bracelets. Bracelets, bracelets, bracelets!

There is not enough light to do it in the bedroom so I'll set up at the dining table. Tonight, I'm whipping up Tuna Salad. I asked if she wanted a tuna melt and she said no - just the sandwich with mayo. For me, I've got to use up some of that spinach, cherry tomatoes, and a cucumber so I'll make a salad. She said "yuk!" and I said "YUM!"

Trying to come up with food ideas that she can handle prepping for herself. I thought of Rotisserie Chicken w/stove top and microwave mashed taters. She said she'd eat some corn (yay! A Veggie!) so tomorrow I'm going to go over the market to pick up a few things and then set her to work to see how she does. 

A big issue I see is her doing is dishes. That's not going to happen, I betcha. So how can we get her to eat more than PBJ off paper plates, and make good meals for herself. 

We're working on it. 

Tonight I made 2 giant cans of tuna (I had a salad w/tuna on it and she had a sandwich). I put a ton of tuna on her sandwich and she was a little surprised at how much it was. I wanted her to get a good belly full. 

She ... has not pooped since Thursday.  So I asked her to have an apple sauce in addition to the sandwich to see if that would be good and helpful. 

She is starting to get anxious. I am too. I mean, for someone who always pooped all the time to not poop for days is kind of curious and maybe a touch alarming. So I may call the doctor tomorrow. The OT comes at 8:30am tomorrow, so I'll be up early and ready myself before mom gets her shower. I'll ask her advice. 

And maybe that corn with the rotisserie chicken will be great.

I realize I took no pictures today. So here's mom making a PBJ for herself on Saturday. Notoriously missing: her screaming JESUS CHRIST! WHAT THE FUCK! when the strawberry preserves are not cooperating. Just imagine it. 

Digits below:

digits

exercise 11/12 hours of 250 steps. Missed 9am. Dedicated 10+2 around the loop.

blood glucose:

11am: 177
5:15pm: 132 
10:45pm: 168 

food:

coffee, water
11:30am: 2 egg omelet w/ wilted spinach, onion, mushroom
1pm: pbj sandwich, sugar free strawberry jam, keto bread
Jardiance+metformin
6:30pm: tuna salad w/mayo and onions over a regular salad of spinach, red onion, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, mix of salad topping nuts (everything was great but I could have done without the cranberries)
white wine
Metformin
10:30pm: a lot of cookie dough

No comments:

Post a Comment