Monday, October 02, 2023

Dedicated 10 Again

I've been neglectful of my dedicated 10s. 

For weeks now, I have not gone for a 10 minute walk, outside or inside.  It was too bloody hot out, and inside, I just didn't care to do it. It gets boring. 

I would watch Doug leave for his walks, feel guilty about not being more active. 

I know the heat is one thing, and I did well doing steps for 10+ minutes in the house for so long through the winter. Taking a good walk yesterday reminds me that I need to be more active.

I need to do the thing. Even if I hate the thing. 

For all the orneriness and non-compliance to guidelines and recommendations that my mom is throwing at Linda, and all the arguments she is giving (Linda called her The Kraken the other day and I laughed), I think about my life and how I do not want to be like that. I do not want to be that person: stubborn, obstinate, rude, disrespectful, and to what end. Why? Why be that way. Just do the thing you need to do, because if you don't there are consequences.

But I am that way, when I don't want to do something. I roll my eyes, perhaps inwardly. I don't stomp my feet or make a fist, but, in my heart I do. And I don't want to become that person as I get older and allow for my refusal or unwillingness to be worn as a forward facing attitude.

I need to take care of me, make me better while I can. 

I don't want to be my mom in 25 years. I really don't. 

Someone told me recently that how you act when you are in your doterage (not a word but, it sounds like one) is a reflection of your truest self. While mom has pretty much always been kind and loving to us, she's got a mean streak that you wouldn't believe. She has cursed people out at ATMs and in the grocery store. She can be an absolute monster. In the past couple weeks, she has been horrible to Linda. And Linda does not take it. She will fight back. I sometimes will just walk away. 

Anyway, the point of the post here is that I'm going to get back on my bullshit, as the kids say, and do the dedicated 10s. I forgot to record Saturday's so I'm going back to edit the post. I took a Pokemon walk. It was dark out and started to rain but I got the solid 10. And then yesterday was a good half hour plus, solid. Good walk, kind of hot but not too brutal. And flat. I liked it. A lot.

Yay me. 


digits below.


 




digits

exercise 12/12 hours of 250 steps.  Dedicated 10 pokemon walk

blood glucose:

9am: 154
5pm: 151
9:45pm: 156

food:

coffee, water
11am: Metformin
12:30pm: pbj sandwich on 647 white
6:30pm: 2 chicken patties w/american cheese; potato salad
7:15pm: metformin+jardiance




No comments:

Post a Comment