Thursday, October 12, 2023

We've Got To Be Clean We've Got To Be Clean

Mom got a shower today. The Occupational Therapist came over, and wanted to watch her as she sat in the shower chair to give her tips, tricks, pointers. I could hear them the whole time. Mom had refused to have us help her with a shower, but here's a stranger - and it was a good thing. 

After she got out of the shower I played this song for her, loud and proud. Kind of sad there isn't a video of the guys performing this. But I love it. 

She told me I'm not right in the head. Well? Yeah! 


The occupational therapist loved it and we kept saying lines from the song to each other as she got dressed. It's heathy and keeeeeeeen!

My little shower mount works great. I didn't put on the safe-er-grip handle that I bought yet, but she said they'll work just fine. Mom weighs about 102 pounds so even if she pulls super hard on it, or puts her weight into it, it shouldn't come off. I will install those tomorrow for sure.

I do believe I'm going to take an extended lunch tomorrow and bring her to her familiar for a meal. 

She's motivated.

I'm willing.

Let's go. LFG

I took a walk between meetings around 2pm ish, did my dedicated 10 plus. Got to hang out with Sammy Cat. Oh my goodness is he just a love. He was asleep on the walkway in front of his house. No one was home so I sat on the steps and we had a wicked cuddle sesh. He talks back when you talk to him. I needed to keep going with my walk but ya know. A couple minutes with a friend visit, it's special, right?

Mom's friend Donna visited around 3pm. She brought soup, but mom doesn't want anything with a vegetable in/next to/near it so ... my win there. Kale soup with linguisa and one really nice biscuit. I texted Donna the picture and thanked her. 

Part of me wanted to run out this evening and get a pedicure or just be somewhere. But the soup anchored me. 

My aunt called from Arizona to check up on us and mom's progress, so I talked to her for a half hour and then she talked to mom for a long while after that. I could hear mom laughing down the hall, so it warmed my heart that she and auntie were having such a chat. 

Then, we did a little bit of a video call with Linda, and mom seemed tickled to talk to her on video. She has no concept of some of these things. But we all had a cute chat and I think mom was very happy. She headed to bed, I finished a little work. Then I started to roll a DnD character for a campaign I'm going to be doing with Matt, and got most/part of the way. I'm confused about it, so Matt is going to help me finish it up this weekend. 

All told a great day. Let's make tomorrow a better one. We're Clean.

Pictures and digits below.




digits

exercise 12/12 hours of 250 steps.  Dedicated 10 plus some. thanks to Sammy Cat and me wanting to find him.

blood glucose:

8am: 150
5:15pm: 150
10:45pm: 192

food:

coffee, water
11:45: grilled cheese & turkey w/tomato; metformin
2pm: slice of banana bread; 1 reeses mini pb cup
6:30pm: giant bowl (quart) of Kale and linguisa soup with beans and carrots and potatoes. one biscuit. white wine.
over the course of the evening - several handfuls of mixed nuts
8pm: metformin+jardiance
8:30: 3 mini pb cup treats
9pm: slice of banana bread with butter

No comments:

Post a Comment