Sunday, October 01, 2023

Plant Swap and Beer Visit

Doug surprised me a little today. It is Sunday, after all, and I thought for sure nothing would be happening today. But he suggested we go to DC to one of our favorite breweries, Atlas Brew Works. The first Sunday of the month is Plant Swap, and our favorite beertender was working. So. Okay. Yeah. 

We headed in and had a couple beers and peeped at some plants. I hadn't brought anything to swap, so there wasn't anyone just offering me free plants. There is a "free" table that people put things on, and I'm very sad because these are unwanted lil'babies that will end up discarded. I took a Money Tree home with me at the end of the day. 

After our couple of beers, we took a walk. The section of the city where this brewery is has a reputation for being kind of rough and bad. Before we moved to the area we looked at an apartment building in the neighborhood and I couldn't believe how affordable these places were. Well. Yeah. There are .... reasons. 

There is a fish distributor right in the heart of everything too, and it is smelly. Restaurants seem to try being there and go out. There was a City Winery in the neighborhood but they closed. Too bad, it's a nice place to see a show. There is another brewery that we haven't gone to yet, perhaps next trip. 

We stopped at Ivy City Smokehouse for lunch, and that was fun. Then we walked back to Atlas for more beer. Doug was playing a pinball game and it kept giving him free lives. It had to be over an hour he was at the flippers. I sat at the bar and talked to a really nice person with her new baby. 

The other beertender today had her dog with her so I got to hang out with him a whole bunch. His name is Kobe, and today is his 16th birthday. So it was nice to have some snuggle time with a good soft fluffy boy. At one point she was holding him like a baby and offered him to me to hold so she could wait on customers. He was very sweet, and snuggly, but after a while I wanted to drink my beer so I gave him back.

I was especially thankful for her giving him to me for some puppy time.

My sister is still up at mom's. Today she busted her ass doing stuff in mom's bedroom. I hope she's not too sore tomorrow. Mom is fighting with her about food. And she fell today while Linda was outside, thankfully it wasn't while she was at the store or the market. She isn't being cooperative about getting herself stronger and in a better place, which means Linda and I may have to think about putting her somewhere safe. We don't want for her to not live in her home. And she doesn't want to give it up. But for sure, if Linda's not there (Or if I'm not there, I'll probably be going up in a week or so) and she doesn't start wearing her medical alert necklace like she's supposed to, well then. Well then. She needs to be a willing participant in all this. I'm exhausted just thinking about it. 

Anyway, here's me and a dog. Not an easy angle for a selfie. 


digits

exercise 11/12 hours of 250 steps.  Missed 9am from sleeping in.

blood glucose:

My meeter was malfunctioning this morning so I left without a reading this morning. Fixed it by removing the battery when we got home from being out.
xam: n/a
6pm: 214
10pm: 158

food:

coffee, water
noon: metformin & slices of roast beef
2 beers at Atlas
3pm: wings, buffalo chicken sandwich, cole slaw
2 beers at Atlas
7:30pm: 6 grilled chicken wings in buffalo sauce
8pm: metformin+jardiance





No comments:

Post a Comment