Tuesday, November 07, 2023

Chamorro Standard Time is What?

One of my clients is in Guam. We've been working to get their website launched, and it's been a bit of a struggle. But the time zone thing blows my mind. It's today here, it is tomorrow there. Just trying to schedule time looks to be doing it at my late afternoon/early evening for their lunch tomorrow. Mind blown.

While I was at my mom's, the head guy was in our HQ for meetings. What we should have done was  pin him down for a total immersive in person training, but no one there thought it at that time. It would have been the first thing on my list.... And after the fact one of my colleagues said "awww nuts. We shoulda."

Yeah, we shoulda. 

So I'll gladly put in an hour or two for training for them, not a problem at all. I just need to pin them down and make it happen. There are always reasons on their end why it can't happen. I'm kind of tired of trying so hard to make it happen. Especially when they were in the building a couple weeks ago. Still. I'm going to get that done.

I had a lovely 45min chat with C tonight after my walk, Doug called to say he'll be heading home tomorrow afternoon. I missh im but I'd actually like more days to do cleaning. I didn't get to all the things I wanted. My sister had a board meeting for work and survived. All told a bunch of little victories here and there.

Since Doug will be home tomorrow, I didn't get everything done that I wanted. We have a split king bed, so I took our sheets off the day he left and washed them. Now, Dang, I gotta put his sheets on. UuuuuuuUUuuauuUUUuuuuuggggh. I'll get to that tomorrow. I don't have any mandatory meetings until 1pm, so I'll squeeze in stuff between helpdesk things. I'll get things done. I don't anticipate him until at least dinner time.

Today's weather was another stunner. Took my walk and pushed myself to not get bored and turn around and go back where I usually do. So I managed to get 25 solid minutes, and could have rerouted for a solid half hour but still had work to do (including reach out to Guam).

In other news, a good friend has 2 tickets for this weekend to see Dave Matthews in Charlottesville, VA on Friday and Saturday. I kind of expressed interest and now they are totally hype on me coming. Not sure how Doug will be with it, I mean, we've not seen each other for basically months. Also, I'd have to leave at like 3pm Friday to make it there for the show. My friend asked me "How serious do you think you are about being able to come." I told him I really had to make sure it's good with Doug. Not sure I'm being wise. 

Maybe Doug and I can go down and stay somewhere, I'll go to the show and he can goof off in Charlottesville? 

Gotta check in with him on this when he gets home. Tomorrow. Tomorrow's a new and wonderful day.

I should learn to just be quiet and not mention things to friends like "oh yeah that sounds cool." Right?

I didn't take a picture today so here's a shot of Geoff from the weekend, havin' a beer. I'll try and be more creative this week. 

digits. Below. 

digits 

exercise 12/12 hours of 250 steps. 25 minute walk. 7300+ steps

blood glucose:

9am: 130
4:15pm: 180
10:30pm: 206

food:

coffee, water
11:30am: metformin; bowl of leftover geoff beef stew over a pile of mashed potatoes
3pm: pbj sandwich on 647 bread
6:30pm: bowl of chili, over fritos & cheese w/sour cream; metformin+jardiance
7:30pm: large bowl of fritos (regrets)
3 beers

No comments:

Post a Comment