Thursday, November 02, 2023

Gotta admit, a little jealous

Doug keeps texting me pictures of a bar he's hanging out in. Shut the place down 2 nights in a row, going back tonight for the Steelers game. 

I didn't have this much fun whe----

Wait, oh yeah I did watch a Patriots game in a very Patriots bar. Hmmm. Okay, I can't be too too jealous of him. But I am jealous. His sister is there, and they're hanging out, playing that bar game where you shove metal discs down a sanded big ass plank. 

He keeps calling it shuffleboard but I don't think that's what it is called. Shuffleboard is like, on the floor, with like a big ass piece of wood that you push your dealie down the court with. 

Maybe it is called that. I don't know. What do I look like, an expert on bar games? 

Anyway. 

It's funny because some couples can't go 1 day without talking to one another and Doug and I pretty much can go for quite a while. We touch base when there's stuff to talk or text about. Such as: 

  1. How's your mom?
  2. Did you watch that football game last night? holy crap.
  3. Are you coming to pick me up? no? oh. What do you think I should do?
  4. Thank you for that picture of shuffleboard or whatever it is called.
  5. Here's me NOT sending you a text with a picture of me, my sister, and a Guster.
  6. My flight comes into Baltimore at XXXX on XXXX where would you like to have dinner?
I think about people in the 70s or 80s who didn't talk/text every day. They survived. We'll survive. But I do kinda want him to call me because I want to know how much fun they're having. Would like that update. That and how mom is. Ya know.

I still can't log into the thing, but, she did screenshots for me, and I made a document, and I'm fine. I'm all set. I'm relieved. 

At about 4:30pm I figured I'd run out and take a walk, before it starts to get dark, keeping in mind that as of Sunday it'll be dark around 5pm. So I want to fit more steps in, when it is good to do so. And today was good to do so. It was almost a half hour walk, I saw Geoff coming home with the groceries so I headed home instead of looping up the block. 

Well. I'm wiped out, I'd like to watch the rest of the football game (Go Steelers) but yeah, tomorrow is a work day!

Didn't take any pictures today so, sorry. Digits below! 



 




digits 

exercise 12/12 hours of 250 steps.  25 min. walk. over 7500-ish (gotta walk to the bedroom so add like 20...) steps (i'm going to start recording the step count. 

blood glucose:

8:30am: 177
5pm: 156
10:15pm: 167 (surprisingly lower than I thought it would be)

food:

coffee, water
Noon: grilled cheese (3 slices of sharp cheddar), 3 slices of bacon, 1 entire can of tunafish, on 2 beautiful pieces of sourdough bread. This was too mighty to put on 647 bread.  Metformin
5:45pm: celery stalk w/peanut butter
6:30: baked stuffed chicken breast, w/stovetop stuffing, small amount of mashed potatoes, spinach; white wine

No comments:

Post a Comment