Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Stormy and Smelly

We had a heck of a wind and rain storm. Started around 3:30am, and both mom and I were up at the same time because of it. Being in a trailer means you hear every branch, stick, acorn, everything hit the roof. It went on and on until well after noon. The wind was vicious and it rained but it wasn't surprisingly hard but a few times. 

There was little to do for work today, I closed helpdesk tickets and jumped on a call with one of the dev team for one of my products to talk about how something is done and I answered to the best of my ability and understanding. 

I got my digital "packet" of end-of-year reviews, and a nice note from one of my colleagues who didn't get asked to review me but he wanted to add his voice anyway. 

There are days I doubt my skills and abilities, but when I read peer reviews and director reviews like what I got to read today, I was humbled and thankful. I suppose that's a good way to go into Thanksgiving. 

After my last scheduled meeting, I got ready to go out and renew the search for the coveted and desired Strawberry Bailey's. I found it the first place I looked. Ha. I had budgeted an hour to be out and about, so I grabbed a few things at the market. I stopped by the brewery in town and met a really nice couple who are musicians and play there once a month. They were super cool. Got some take-away beers for myself. I headed home and realized on the way in the front door that I'd bought cream of mushroom soup and mom HATES it. So I have to make tuna casserole with cream of chicken soup and hence, have to go back to the market. I worked for a couple more hours, everyone else was off line but I had a number of west coast contacts who were waiting for emails and responses, so I worked right up to what would be my normal time. And then called it quits until Monday.

Mom came down to the kitchen to set up the coffee pot and I'd already done the dishes. For dinner she had lemon loaf slices, I made melted velveeta and salsa and mixed in some chicken strips. 

Linda and I talked forever. Doug and I texted back and forth. I squeezed in some extra steps but still fell short of my 7k goal for a second day. The rain was too much. I thought about going to walmart and just walking up and down the aisles like a weirdo for 10 minutes but ... came home and then didn't feel like going out. 

When I got back from the market, I set my beer on the porch table and brought the groceries in. I went out on the porch and it smells like cat pee. 

Lin and I both think a cat (or something) is living under the porch. And this could be a problem. Lin said it smelled like that when it rained a lot, and well, it rained a lot. So I don't think I can see under the porch to see if there are critters. Maybe I call the office on Wednesday when they are open. 

One picture today. I saw this wine at the store, and jess does love them there sea critters. Got a bottle, because, as we say it is "the aesthetic." Digits below.

digits 

exercise12/12 hours of 250 steps. No dedicated 10, raining too hard; 6100+ steps by publish.  

blood glucose:

8:30am: 163
5pm: 175
10pm: 233

food:

coffee, water
10am: english muffin w/pbj
11am: metformin
2pm: salad w/can of tuna
5:30pm: chicken strips and salsa queso; beer take away at home
6:45pm: metformin+jardiance
lots and lots of trail mix, with almonds and peanuts and ... some carb based crunchies
8:30pm: cheese cubes

No comments:

Post a Comment