Friday, November 03, 2023

Getting things done

Unlike the boys did while I was out of town, I'm trying to get things done around here while Doug is away. Previously mentioned the storage room reorganization, and the refrigerator cleaning. Yesterday afternoon, I took down the shower curtains in both bathrooms. 

Every once in a while, I strip the bathroom down and put the fabric curtains and our bathmats into a bleach soak in the washer, and run them through on hot water. The plastic liners go into a bucket with bleach and sit for a while. I had noticed before I left that somehow our fabric curtain was tucked into the tub, which it should not ever be, and it was getting kinda moldy down the bottom. Eww. 

Situation rectified. I also scrubbed the tub, and I had Geoff buy a new no-slippy mat for that bathroom (his is a shower stall so he does not need a no-slippy mat) because that was like 6 years old and gross. Usually it would get the same treatment with bleaching and all, but it just was not holding up any longer, so, new mat acquired. 

This isn't an often needed to be done task in our house, this shower curtain thing. Tub/shower cleaning, yes. But, shower curtains just hang out, and you just sort of notice they are gross. And then you undertake the effort. 

While I was in Old Folks Land, I noticed my mom's shower curtain could use a soak. I neglected to do it while I was there. Now that she's showering more frequently, it'll be nice for it to be clean. If I go back up, I'll be sure to do it. 

I may have to get us a new bathroom rug. 

Geoff's bathroom and our bathroom have the same white squooshy comfy rug, and one of them is coming apart/falling apart. I let Geoff keep the "good" one and I brought the not as good one upstairs. 

Looking at it, I'm fairly convinced I'll find another place for it (in front of the washing machine?) and go get us a new one. 

I could use a trip to Target, as a treat. For myself. Funny how thinking of a supply trip to Target is a "treat." 

The other day when we had the super cold night, I'd forgotten that Doug put one of my houseplants out on the porch because he said it was full of ants. Hmmmm. 

I went out yesterday, and it was frost bitten and messed up. And I was mad. I took it out of the pot and ditched it over the railing. 

I was in bed last night, sad about doing that. I mean. Actually sad. I grew you, ya little bean, can I save you?? This morning I went and fished through the ground cover behind the rhododendrons to find it. Success! 

I think I'm going to repot it in a bigger, nicer, fresher pot. I just need to ... obtain a bigger, nicer, fresher pot. So I'll see to it this weekend. And I need potting soil. Add to the Target list.

There are some other major houseplant tasks I've got to take care of around here. I've been a neglectful momma. 

I noticed that Doug never watered the plants while I was away, and I've been back a bit. So I did that today and everyone is watered and lovely. Lucky for me most of my plants thrive on neglect. 

I pulled this plant up (see to the right), it lives in a plastic pot that I put inside a fancier pot that doesn't have holes. When I lifted it, I was surprised. Looks like it really wants a bigger house. I'll get it a bigger house for it. 

I also am proud of my wandering dude in the little bird plant holder. Doing so well. So proud.  

As usual, digits below. 

digits 

exercise 12/12 hours of 250 steps.   
7100+ steps by 10:30pm; 20+ minute walk (about 24? I lost track of time from when I left/returned)

blood glucose:

8:45am: 176
4:30pm: 176
10:30pm: 165

food:

coffee, water
12:30pm: English muffin w/pb&low sugar j
1:15pm: Metformin
6:15pm: cheesesteak a la geoff (cheddar, provolone, onions, mushrooms) on a roll; white wine
6:30pm: metformin+jardiance; 4 halloween candies (2 Twix, nestle crunch, 100grand bar)

No comments:

Post a Comment