Saturday, November 11, 2023

Ringing all the warning bells, careful or you'll hurt yourself

Started out as a weird-ish day. I slept until almost 11, managed to squeeze the 10am steps in and continue to the 11s. Doug didn't seem like he was in the mood to do anything at all, he was up before me and then went to take a nap before noon. 

Geoff expressed that he wanted to go somewhere and Doug said he wasn't interested. Kind of in a mood, I guess. Geoff raked leaves and was proud of his progress.  

At about 3pm he wanted to go for a walk and asked if I'd join him, so I agreed. We walked a route I've not been on before and I was surprised how far it took us out from our house while also being surprisingly close to our house. There's a big park with a function hall, and a giant field. He was hoping there would be lots of dogs there but only two were in the field and they weren't playing with each other. We watched some kids with noodle arms try to shoot baskets, and another kid riding his bike without holding the handlebars, and he almost beefed it two or three times. 

Kids are amusing. 

The super great thing about this area is that fall is still going strong. The light was amazing, coming in sideways through the trees. Made it all worth while to go for a huge hour long walk. I have been keeping things to 25 min or so, but today was good. 


We got home and Geoff was ready to make dinner, and my belly told me it was ready to eat.

My friend Tom had posted on FB that he was playing the super hyper local brewery solo, and I asked the boys if they wanted to go. Neither did, so I went alone. It was freaking freezing out, and they didn't have heaters outside, so I felt bad for Tom playing. 

I met Tom at a Guster concert almost a year ago. He went solo to the show, sitting at the end of our row. He was amused by Sara and Me dealing with Sara's kid Henry, who wanted to dance in the aisles and all. We chatted at one point and found out we lived a couple miles from each other. Instant Facebook connection. A few times since, his full band has played at this brewery and Doug and I went to see them. They're pretty good, mostly a cover band, and a lot of fun. 

Tom said he'd learn some Guster for me. True to his word, he'd learned "Careful," and I offered to sing it. And he let me. 

No photographic evidence of me standing up in front of a bunch of otherwise disinterested people singing one of my favorite Guster songs, with him on harmony, completely unrehearsed, but it happened. Just imagine me standing to Tom's left here. 

Kind of super fun. I found my voice was shaking because I was freezing. I wasn't scared or nervous, I was actually shaking from the cold. Damn. 

Anyway, a good day overall. I may be a little sore tomorrow. That was a lot of walking!

digits 

exercise 11/12 hours of 250 steps.  Missed the 9am steps. Took an hour walk with Doug, 9200 steps approx. at this hour. 

blood glucose:

11am: 179
5pm: 155 
10:30pm: 174

food:

coffee, water
noon: pbj sandwich on 647 white; metformin
5:30pm: one cheeseburger on an everything bagel w/mayo & catsup; metformin+jardiance
2 beers at babycat
9pm: ritz crackers+sharp cheddar spread cheese, ramekin of trail mix, another beer

No comments:

Post a Comment