Thursday, November 23, 2023

Thanksgiving on the Weweantic

After a wild morning of mom searching for something to wear, and me saying that I was going to kick her ass into the middle of next week and take her shopping for pants at JC Penney (long long story), we headed over to our host's house where we did Thanksgiving two years ago

When we had dad. When we had Phin. It is interesting re-reading that entry. My cousin Bill and his wife live in a new house and not in the one we went to visit. Dad and Phin are gone. But D & B are still great hosts. 

Two years ago the same hosts had about 15 people in house. This year it was just 7 of us. We had a great dinner, big laughs, they treat my mom so well and take good care of her. I'm super thankful for them. And they are funny as hell, too. Hilarious. 

After dessert (which I could not turn down) I took myself for a walk. Two years ago I had Doug with me, and the weather was a lot like today. It made me think on him and Geoff.

What a beautiful place they live in. I fantasy cottage shopped, and did about a 20 minute stroll, catching pokemon and watching the sun start to dip. I was missing Linda, Doug, and Geoff. I'm glad I get to see Jess tomorrow. Very glad. I passed a memorial for a doggo, and had to take a picture of it. I bet Lucy was a very good dog.

Mom was ready to go after I got back, but we had time for some pictures which are below. 

My friend AL texted me, we went to college together and she lives nearby. Another friend of ours from college was there, and he wanted to see me. Have not seen him since like, 1990 maybe. So I couldn't say no. I dropped mom off, and headed over. 

What a lovely time. Big laughs and I'm glad I went instead of trying to wave it off. I even got to pet cats. I do not get to spend much time with cats. I regret we didn't get a picture though. 

After we finished up with our visit, I felt the need to get some more pokemon action for the day and some steps. I went into the very dead downtown - no one was there. I got out of the car and took a short walk to hit gyms and spinners, and get those steps in. Very peaceful and quiet, hardly anyone around. I wished the brewery was open but nope. Only Cumberland Farms. 

I stopped at the parking lot at a church to flip over a Pokegym, which took much longer to do because I was solo. After sitting there a while, aware that my phone was down to 10% battery, a police officer came over, and knocked on the passenger side window. 

Oh. Hi, Officer. I'm a 57 year old lady in a mini with Maryland plates, just over here playing Pokemon in an unlit church parking lot on Thanksgiving night. Like you do. 

"People still play that?" He asked. I showed him my phone. 

"Yes, hi, you've met one. Normally I'm not by myself, I've got my crew and by crew I mean my husband and/or maybe my oldest, but yeah," I replied, "and to be honest, I'm not in a super big hurry to go back to my mom's. I'm just having a nice time by myself." He smiled, nodded, and understood. I told him I was basically ready to go back, once I beat all these blue team guys up. I'd be on my way. 

He laughed and left. 

I got home, mom had made the coffee and asked me to put the trash out. I took my blood sugar and it was high so instead of eating left over mashed potatoes and stuffing, I decided to eat the celery boats with pimento cream cheese and some sliced deli turkey, and try and lower my blood sugar. 

I could have gone out yet again and walked around the circle but. Ya know. 

Pictures of our time. I didn't take a picture of the actual dinner plate but the cheesecake, yo. 







digits 

exercise12/12 hours of 250 steps.  20 minute walk after dinner, 10 minute pokemon walk in downtown. 7300+ steps by bedtime

blood glucose:

9am: 173
n/apm: n/a forgot to take before going to visit AL
9pm: 220
11:15pm: 155

food:

coffee, water
10:15am: english muffin w/ butter and peanut butter
12:30: metformin
2pm: Turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, canned cranberry sauce, green bean casserole, fire grilled sweet potato, wine
3pm: 1/2 slice of caramel cheesecake (worth every bite)
9pm: Metformin+jardiance; 3 celery sticks with pimento cream cheese. wine
10pm: sliced deli sandwich turkey

No comments:

Post a Comment