Saturday, November 04, 2023

Photographs and Memories

Linda is going through many boxes and folders of things up at mom's, and she came across some gems of old pictures of me that I do not remember. 

They are from college, and I'm pretty sure Doug took them. She also found a cute picture of me from my wedding where I'm with my wee cousins. I'd like to know who has the photo from the other angle, where we're all looking at the camera. I'd love to see that.

Anyway, she messaged a ton of them to me today, including ones of Doug and me at our baby shower. I remember my wee cousins wanted to open all the presents that were for me, and I was a little annoyed at the time, but, I got over it. 

A million years ago, I tell ya. Wild. Pictures down below.

Today was a busy day. I did a ton of sweeping and tidying, while Geoff did a ton of raking. We decided at around 3pm that we'd head over to Kensington because he wanted to see the antique stores and find out if any of them had license plates. I guess he's rekindled his interest in those. I knew for a fact the shops would probably have zero license plates (one did, and only Maryland) but we had fun looking around. 

We went to the brewery, which is doing a bang up business. A band was setting up to play and we thought they'd start any second, but they just kept doing sound check. 

We ordered from the food truck and the burritos were excellent. When we left to head home, we stopped at a little store that has all the craft beers from the area, and got some take home cans. 

I thought Doug might call me tonight but no. 

And that's as exciting as I get. here are some pictures! From the 80s!!!



Oh and this isn't the 80s, it is 1991. Pictured with me are, on the left, Melissa (has 2 kids, basically all grown themselves!) in my arms, Brittany, who has 3 little kids, bottom right, Amy, who JUST had her first baby and boy is she cute... and in front of me, Kate. No kids, yet, but we went to her wedding a couple years back. She's a blast.

digits 

exercise 11/12 hours of 250 steps.   Somehow missed 2pm but not sure how? 7600+ steps as of 9:30pm. Took a nice long walk but not an exercisey walk. Dedicated 10 inside

blood glucose:

11am: 175
n/apm: was out with geoff when I would have taken the afternoon reading
9:30pm: 228, a little high but.... beer

food:

coffee, water
12:30pm: metformin; 647 english muffin w/ pbj (low sugar j)
4:30pm: Steak burrito at the brewery. 2 beers; Steak burrito from the food truck w/guac and sour cream. Rice was mixed into the burrito. I should have asked for it on the sid.
8pm: left over pot roast over some egg noodles. 2 more beers; metformin+jardiance

No comments:

Post a Comment