Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Old Lady Driver

Mom had a prescription that needed picked up today and told me that she felt she could drive by herself. I told her she had to go before 3, before it got dark. And she did. And she came back unscathed. Praise be the saints and God.

I made her take her emergency alert pendant, and she did without fighting. She was quick like a bunny getting ready, and I think was absolutely thrilled to go. I told her she didn't need me to go with, she could handle it. And I sat here and waited. She took forever because I'm sure she talked to every employee in the store. She bought batteries for the new battery back up device, and some AA and AAA because she was out. 

This was a big test for how she'd do alone and I would say she has passed. One of the big problems I have is her strength. She has a hard time opening the car door, and said "they're so heavy," she complains. Thing is, the door has weighed the same for years and you used to be able to do it. You've been neglecting your PT. So. Work on that (she won't, she should). 

I have one more night here and didn't get to the cleaning/organizing I had in mind but. I'll see what I can cram in tomorrow. Will pre pack the car tomorrow night. Coffee and highway Friday morning. 

For dinner tonight I had a small package of ground beef so I browned it and put it in pasta and sauce for her. I opted to mix mine with velveeta and milk, thinking it would turn out like when mom used to make that and put it over noodles. I took out the left over tuna casserole and poured the meat and cheese sauce on it to make a frankenstein's monster mess. It wasn't half bad but I think mom used to use a lot more milk. I didn't want to use too much lest we not have enough for coffee in the morning. And I so didn't want to go out and get milk after dinner. Should have had her get milk at the market! 

Anyway. got the 12 hours of steps but no other real walk and no extra steps, did a lot of work, worked after dinner, and now I'm beat. I think tomorrow is Last Lunch at the foodrinkery, so I'm blocking my calendar now that I'll be "AFK" or Away From Keyboard.

Digits below! 






digits 

exercise12/12 hours of 250 steps.  no dedicated 10. 4600+ steps by publish time

blood glucose:

8am: 175
5pm: 142
10pm: 182

food:

coffee, water
10:45am: omelet w/ spinach and mushrooms, cheddar cheese
11:30am: Metformin
12:00pm: trail mix snacks
5pm: meat & cheese sauce over noodle leftovers

No comments:

Post a Comment