Wednesday, November 08, 2023

Colder than it looks outside

Today was a super busy day, and I had hoped for an easy peasy because I was doing a 7pm call with a client 3/4 of the world away (it went great, and I'm hopeful for good things). 

But the day was frantic and frenetic. I was multitasking, and had some challenges with keeping up with a thing and had to send out a note to all clients about a broken thing (the thing got fixed right before I hit send on the email. Hilarious). 

One of my colleagues sent me a note in slack that said "They don't deserve you. and "They" can be interpreted to be whoever you want them to be. lol." 

Sometimes you need to hear a thing like that. I asked him why he said it, and he said "When there’s a crisis, you always bring the right energy that makes everyone feel like it’s gonna be OK" I confessed that I wanted to run screaming into the night, and he said he'd come with. Always good to have a pal in the middle of losing your mind.

It got to be 5:30, I had sent out an update to the crisis to let people know things were okay. Geoff started to make dinner, and I wanted to squeeze in a walk so I did. I did the thing.

I actually trotted for some of it, not really running, but also going up hill. So Hahahahhahahha that happened. I went out in shorts and a light sweatshirt, which would have been sufficient 3 hours earlier. But wow it gets cold fast! Thankfully tomorrow will be about 78, so I hope I get out a little earlier to enjoy some of the day.

My 25 minute walk was cut to 22 because of "running," so that is something to keep in mind if I am counting minutes. Got my pokemon, Got home, Got the laundry out of the dryer, and Doug pulled up, pretty much right when he said he would.  Happy to have him home. He didn't have much to say about mom, just that she's well, and doing alright, and things are progressing. He felt comfortable leaving.

Finished my call with humans half a planet away and it went incredibly well.  Finished my steps for the 12/12 hours just in time (almost missed 8pm due to the call!) And now I'm ready for bed. So ready. 

It's funny, Doug is watching Bosch: Legacy, and I really cannot watch this show. If it was only about Harry Bosch, I'd watch it. But I can't stand his daughter. Totally do not like her. Do not like her rookie cop on the beat story line. She's just boring. It's not happening for me. But Doug loves the show, so he's catching up on episodes. 

I didn't watch any TV while he was away. Really didn't. I think I put a football game on, or NFL Red Zone on Sunday night just to catch the fact I won this week's football pool. I'm 1 point out of first place. I would like to keep progressing. Win for a change! But winning one week is cool. 

Something I'm looking forward to tomorrow is that with Doug home, I'll be more motivated to make something like a bomb ass tuna salad. 

Very boring, I am. 

Oh, final thought. Please continue to send The Boy good vibes, prayers, etc. He had a second phone screen interview with the hospital that is 2 miles south of us (the hospital where I spent Covid Christmas). I heard him tell the lady that he'd really love to work there, it's kind of his dream location. "I'll never be late for work, it's so close, I'd even be able to get there in a snow storm!" 

I really want him to get this job. This is the job, the location, the pay, the everything about it that will be just right. I don't want him working at a giant testing lab in Chantilly, VA. It's too dang far. 34 miles but 2 hours, just bananas to get there. 

Please God give the kid a break. 

In my Facebook memories from a couple years ago today, this was the picture. And I love it. So perfect. All these years later and this still makes me laugh.


 digits 

exercise 12/12 hours of 250 steps. 23 minute walk/jog; 7k steps as of writing (10pm). 

blood glucose:

9am: 190
5pm: 200 (Not sure why so high especially after the good zero carb BLT Salad for lunch!)
10pm: 179

food:

coffee, water
11:30am: small ramekin of mac&cheese and bacon
12:15pm: metformin; BLT Salad
6:30pm: 2 italian sausages in sauce & mozz cheese
**8:45pm: Metformin+Jardiance (forgot to take with dinner. oops) 

No comments:

Post a Comment