Friday, November 17, 2023

The Woo Woos

My mom calls dogs "Woo Woos" because barking sounds like woo woo sometimes. She always used that to make scary dogs sound sweet and fun. Woo Woo. 

She's 80 and still calls them woo woos. 

Mom and I had a pretty good day today. We went over to get her blood work done, and went to the foodrinkery afterwards. I opted out of a meeting and was super happy my manager went so I could get the run down. I let him know where I was. His mom is going through some things so he's been kind of in the same boat as me, back and forth between his house and hers. His siblings live close so they're all taking duty. So he's understanding if I skip out on a meeting, or take a longer than usual lunch. I make up the time and we're all good. One of the reasons I don't see myself quitting any time soon. 

Tonight, My girl C gave me the gift of her presence and came to visit. I told her she didn't have to come, we'd connect at some point. But she'd already booked the hotel and was ready for a trip. My stomach has been bothering me today, so I wasn't in for a big dinner. In fact I made the mistake of a big lunch (groan... worth it!) and I was feeling bloated and round. 

She brought her two Woo Woos, and they had a little visit on the porch with mom. Which she enjoyed. I know she couldn't take care of a dog herself but I'd love to come visit and bring a pooch with me for her to fawn over. She did enjoy Phineas. 

We went out to dinner at the same Asian bistro I got my takeout from last night. I eschewed wine/alcohol, and had miso soup (yum), a piece of her sushi platter that was tempura shrimp fried and wrapped in rice and fish skin with avocado. Very tasty. And I had the gyoza again because I'm a sucker for dumplings.

Her dogs hang out in the car, because that's a happy place for them and they are exceptionally well behaved and chill. We got them out and took them around the hotel parking lot to do their thing. And we hung out in her room and just chatted for a few hours. 

I left the hotel at 9 so she could crash and it was hilarious because her big English bulldog totally knows what time it is and was super ready to get in bed. I loved it. So cute. 

My mom was waiting up for me, because that's what she does. She had set up the coffee, done the dishes, and had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for dinner. Rockstar that she is. 

I did my last couple hundred steps of the day because I hadn't taken a walk outside today and my daily goal is a minimum of 7000. Managed to get there walking circles and back and forth, all without going out in the dark. I thought I ought to just put my sneakers back on and get a sweatshirt and just do the loop and be done with it but. Meh.  

Tomorrow it is supposed to be 60, but raining. I hope it lets up and I can maybe drive myself over to the canal, take a walk there. I want to do a little yard work to clean up the pine needles that are driving my mom batty. And C and I are going to go to the market and get a few things for my mom. And go out of our way to Cumbies for Milk because that makes miss thing happy. 

Digits below this pic of my mom, walking without her cane to the mailroom. Stubborn ole mule she is.

digits 

exercise 12/12 hours of 250 steps.  no specific dedicated 10 but did walk dogs with C and walked around a building twice to get some steps in while we waited for her take out. And around inside the house for about 700 steps, not quite 10 min. approx 7000+ steps by bedtime

blood glucose:

8:00am: 163
xpm: n/a forgot to take a reading
9:00pm: 166

food:

coffee, water
12:30 fried chicken cutlet sandwich w/tomato, lettuce, american cheese, mayo. Onion rings; metformin
5:30pm: miso soup; gyoza
6pm: metformin+jardiance

No comments:

Post a Comment